Gas Prices in Your area, Let's hear about it.

Talvin DeMachio
This topic is 941 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as a reality check, could any of our European posters contribute some data?

Rough conversion help:

4 liters = 1 gallon

1 euro = US$1.35

1 pound = US$1.92

(Exchange rates are another scary thing to track over time for Americans)

My vehicle uses diesel. In my area, diesel is priced higher than premium gasoline in many instances. Considering the fact that diesel is nothing more than heating oil, and requires far less refining than gasoline, the normal state of affairs is that diesel should be cheaper than gas. Of course, what is normal these days? No doubt about it, a whole lot of gouging going on.

I live in Upstate New York, near Rochester, and have seen the price of gas go from $2.00 a gallon for regular to $2.19---this week!! Hummm. Somthing is definitely up, in addition to the prices. At this rate, by Memorial Day all of us in "tax-gouged" NY will be paying $3.00 a gallon :(((

Looking out my window I see 86.7 cents(Cdn$) per litre. If my calcs are correct that is $2.75 (US$)per gallon. I am surprised it is not more. We North Americans should not be complaining about these prices -- this is a non-renewable resource yet we are wasting it driving around in large relatively fuel-inefficient vehicles. Maybe we need European prices before we smarten up and start acting responsibly. This will probably come because I only see the prices continuing to go up. The one good thing is my energy-based investments are doing very well!

• 1 year later...
Guest ReturnOfS

Thanks for bringing back this post, glutes. I need somewhere to let off some steam about these gas prices. They're approaching $3/gallon again here in the DC area. The highest price that I saw today was $2.99/gallon.

Gulp! Try $4.50!

Brooklyn gas station floors it

BY JONATHAN LEMIRE and RICH SCHAPIRO

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Motorist looks in stunned silence at $4.50 pump price at Brooklyn gas station.

With pump prices rising fast, a gas station under the Brooklyn Bridge took a quantum leap into outrageousness - charging a jaw-dropping $4.50 a gallon.

If everyone would just buy a Vespa this would be a moot point :) I filled my tank this morning on premium for $5 and that will take me about 175 miles :)

Not to mention the fact that there's no such thing as traffic anymore :) Although the attempts to side swipe me have become a tad troublesome ...

Although the attempts to side swipe me have become

>a tad troublesome ...

No doubt intentional. Probably people after your pink bunny ears.

;-) ;-)

P.S. Midlevel gas in H`Wood today was $3.29

P.P.S. I found out very recently that NJ does not have self serve gas stations. How Nice !. :)

Interesting read on prices from post #1 just 5 months ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ReturnOfS

Yeah, gas prices are now way more than twice what they were when you first made this thread.

Its total BS thanks to some BS policys out there and other geopolitical events. What sucks about gas is not that prices have gone up but that the average income has not gone up yet inflation has which means people on average are earning less. so gas ends up being more expencive for poor people.

But from that Corner, You do get a Magnificent View of the Bridge!

Also... it's the First station people Hit coming off and Entering different Directions going East & West! I wish to Hell I owned a piece of it. It' been there for year's....LOL :p :P :p