Gas Prices in Your area, Let's hear about it.

Talvin DeMachio
This topic is 952 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that I made the very first reply in this thread, in Nov. 2001, when I paid $1.38 for hi-test in Philly. Yesterday I paid $3.75 for hi-test (for the same car!) in Palm Springs. And my income is half what it was in 2001. No wonder I'm not doing much hiring.

Saw a news broadcast from a gas station in Burbank this morning. The sign said $3.69 for regular.

It surprises me it's so high in Palm Springs. When I've been down there it has always been cheaper than in LA.

>I just noticed that I made the very first reply in this

>thread, in Nov. 2001, when I paid $1.38 for hi-test in Philly.

>Yesterday I paid $3.75 for hi-test (for the same car!) in Palm

>Springs. And my income is half what it was in 2001. No wonder

>I'm not doing much hiring.

Same with me Charlie, that is why I statrted a thread "Anyone else cutting back??"

http://mc.daddysreviews.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=119675&mesg_id=119675&listing_type=search

God bless George W. Bush & Harkin Oil!

Guest zipperzone

In British Columbia gas prices are predicted to hit $1.40 per LITRE by summer. That is roughly $7.00 per gallon!

Canadian gallons are larger than US ones but if my math is correct (no guarantee here) that translates to $5.83 for a US gallon. As the dollar is roughly at par these days this should be fairly accurate.

But regardless of the price, I will not be driving any less. It's a guilty pleasure I have no intention of giving up. Other things might have to get cut back, but not my gas consumption.

Guess I could do without all those $5.00 lattes from Starbucks! At 1 per day that's $150 a month. There's a couple of tanks of gas right there. (almost)

>My gosh has time really gone by this fast? I started this

>thread all the way back in 2001.

>

>Well in Alexandria I paid 3.18 for reg unleaded.

>

>And just to think I was complaining about 1.38 back then. I

>would give a leg just to have those prices back again.

>

>T

Talvin I think there are quite a few families that would give a leg to have gas prices back down to $1.38. The station across the street has regular at about $3.50ish with premium being $3.73. I'm not sure what gas tanks hold on average but say a 15 gallon tank at $3.50 would run $52.50. That is quite a bit over time with running little Johnny and Susie to activities in a month. I don't know how families are managing with gas being as high as it is plus on top of that grocery prices also. Americans have really been spoiled rotten for quite some time with gas prices. As Zip has stated it is almost double in Canada. I wonder how high in price gas will have to get before people really start to truly alter their driving and look at alternative ways of getting around?

Hugs,

Greg

seaboy4hire@yahoo.com

http://seaboy4hire.tripod.com http://www.daddysreviews.com/newest.php?who=greg_seattle

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/6707/lebec084a9ad147f620acd5ps8.jpg

Chicago Jan 30th, Feb 1, 2, and 4th

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Given the stratospheric - and uninterrupted - rise in oil and gas prices, Bush’s February 28 display of ignorance is all the more jaw-dropping. Asked by a reporter about the looming arrival of $4 gas, Bush the former oil man did what comes naturally and played dumb:

Q What’s your advice to the average American who is hurting now, facing the prospect of $4 a gallon gasoline, a lot of people facing —

THE PRESIDENT: Wait, what did you just say? You’re predicting $4 a gallon gasoline?

Q A number of analysts are predicting —

THE PRESIDENT: Oh, yeah?

Q — $4 a gallon gasoline this spring when they reformulate.

THE PRESIDENT: That’s interesting. I hadn’t heard that.

C&L 8JUN08

There's an ARCO at the corner of my street that sells unleaded regular now for $4.33 a gallon. This station is well known as the cheapest gas in the San Fernando Valley here in So Cal.

Well, yesterday, I took my little hybrid to a VALERO station about five minutes away and got it for $4.32 a gallon. I was so proud. heheh

During my fill-up I had a crowd of people (ok 3) around me asking questions about my Escape Hybrid. If I had known that's all it took to be popular well....

BTW, this is the first time I have opened this thread. Two things struck me reading this;

Talvin started the thread 7 years ago when gas in VA. ranged from $.89 to $1.28 a gallon?

The other thing that struck me was that Talvin is a very good looking young man.}(

I agree it can be depressing.

However, after reading this thread this morning and posting my reply, I went in to see my boss armed with the actual figures posted in this thread and asked for a raise in my expenses check. (no taxes)

Well, thanks to Talvin and all, I got an increase in my monthly expense allowance which will offset ANY increase in gas prices for the foreseeable future. :D

My sincere thanks to all....

Guest ReturnOfS

Today I was lucky enough to pay only $.99/gallon for gas in th e Alexandria, VA area. It was the only place with less than $4/gallon ga. It had a long line.

>Today I was lucky enough to pay only $.99/gallon for gas in th e Alexandria, VA area. It was the only place with less than $4/gallon ga. It had a long line.

Whoa, is there a typo in your post or did you REALLY pay 99 cents per gallon?!?!

I'm sure the lines were very, very long at that price.

>

>BTW, this is the first time I have opened this thread. Two

>things struck me reading this;

>Talvin started the thread 7 years ago when gas in VA. ranged

>from $.89 to $1.28 a gallon?

>

>The other thing that struck me was that Talvin is a very good

>looking young man.}(

Yep, started the thread 7 years ago and it's true. Gas prices where from 89 cents to $1.29 a gallon in the Nothern Virginia/DC area.

Now they are between $3.99 to $4.40

http://www.talvindemachio.com/Talrocka.jpg

>

>BTW, this is the first time I have opened this thread. Two

>things struck me reading this;

>Talvin started the thread 7 years ago when gas in VA. ranged

>from $.89 to $1.28 a gallon?

>

>The other thing that struck me was that Talvin is a very good

>looking young man.}(

Yep, started the thread 7 years ago and it's true. Gas prices where from 89 cents to $1.29 a gallon in the Nothern Virginia/DC area.

Now they are between $3.99 to $4.40

http://www.talvindemachio.com/Talrocka.jpg

Guest ReturnOfS

>>Today I was lucky enough to pay only $.99/gallon for

>gas in th e Alexandria, VA area. It was the only place with

>less than $4/gallon ga. It had a long line.

>

>Whoa, is there a typo in your post or did you REALLY pay 99

>cents per gallon?!?!

>

>I'm sure the lines were very, very long at that price.

>

>

Oops :o

typo :+

I meant $3.99 :-)

Guest ReturnOfS

>>Today I was lucky enough to pay only $.99/gallon for

>gas in th e Alexandria, VA area. It was the only place with

>less than $4/gallon ga. It had a long line.

>

>Whoa, is there a typo in your post or did you REALLY pay 99

>cents per gallon?!?!

>

>I'm sure the lines were very, very long at that price.

>

>

Oops :o

typo :+

I meant $3.99 :-)

• 4 months later...