Time to stock up on "forever" stamps? 63 tp 78 cents raise!

• marylander1940 changed the title to Time to stock up on "forever" stamps? 63 tp 78 cents raise!
5 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

I'm surprised it's still "forever", I'm sure one day this will also end!

NYPOST.COM

Start licking your pennies goodbye.

I misread this as "Start licking your penises good-bye," and I panicked for a moment.

On 4/10/2024 at 3:51 PM, BuffaloKyle said:

I bought a pack of 100 on Sweet Deals at Black Friday for this very reason. Cost me $45 during a sale they had back then and now I'm set for a long time.

WWW.SWEETDEALS.COM

Free Shipping!

I bought 80 stamps on Amazon in 2018 for around 32 cents each.  I still have 72 of them left.  Just don't use snail mail all that much.

Edited by Jim_n_NYC

On 4/10/2024 at 2:35 PM, marylander1940 said:

I'm surprised it's still "forever", I'm sure one day this will also end!

NYPOST.COM

Start licking your pennies goodbye.

Yes, I'm sure it will. Old stamps here will expire the end of 2028. One new first class stamp costs about 2.4 US$.

8 hours ago, Thomas_Belgium said:

Yes, I'm sure it will. Old stamps here will expire the end of 2028. One new first class stamp costs about 2.4 US$.

They went to forever stamps here in the USA since they were raising prices all the time on stamps people were getting upset that then they had to go buy additional 2 or 3 cent stamps to mail letters so the forever stamps won't expire here.

The United Kingdom phased out the unbarcoded stamps over a period of two years starting at the end of 2021, stating that all stamps would be redeemed for new stamps at market value, however since the change over news has emerged that the new barcoded stamps are being faked

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

People are unknowingly buying fakes from Chinese firms through online marketplaces, reports suggest.

19 hours ago, Welshman said:

The United Kingdom phased out the unbarcoded stamps over a period of two years starting at the end of 2021, stating that all stamps would be redeemed for new stamps at market value, however since the change over news has emerged that the new barcoded stamps are being faked

They phased to Spice Girls stamps! 😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2024 at 9:09 PM, BuffaloKyle said:

They phased to Spice Girls stamps! 😁

Spice Girls?

I'd rather a picture of my dog, or a relative!

PHOTOGRAPHY.THEFUNTIMESGUIDE.COM

Did you know that you could put your own personal photos on U.S. postage stamps?... It's true, you can create your own personalized photo stamps and use them for...

ngcb95