Palm Springs "Resorts" - CCBC? All Worlds? Others?

Hey guys - I used to live in CA and was a frequent visitor to Palm Springs pre-COVID - and always had a wonderful stay there, but it's been a while.

So as I look at places for an upcoming week's stay:

• prices for some gay fun resorts like CCBC seem crazy high - like out of proportion to the quality of the place
  • airbnb seems like a viable option
  • places have some and gone

so my question is: can you recommend a place that is clothing optional, pleasant for a week's stay ("upscale" NOT a requirement) and maybe not Ritz-prices?

Appreciate it!

20 minutes ago, Socalguy said:

There will be a lot of people who will probably scoff at this, but we still enjoy Canyon Club. It is a bit run down but the price is good and they still attract a decent crowd. So I guess it depends on what you're comfortable with. 

thanks so much a- not gonna lie, i do not know that place but i am looking at their web site.

as for comfort level, all i need is the chance to rely on a good night's sleep which for me is pretty easy. and reliable hot water. and a decent a/c. quite honestly, those are my "creature comfort" requirements. an alternate interpretation of what i am comfortable with is pretty much an "anything goes" attitude.

clear?

6 minutes ago, NipLuvr212 said:

thanks so much a- not gonna lie, i do not know that place but i am looking at their web site.

as for comfort level, all i need is the chance to rely on a good night's sleep which for me is pretty easy. and reliable hot water. and a decent a/c. quite honestly, those are my "creature comfort" requirements. an alternate interpretation of what i am comfortable with is pretty much an "anything goes" attitude.

clear?

It sounds like Canyon Club might work for you then. It has seen better days but it's safe, good a/c in most rooms and no problem with hot water. They also have a nice garden area in the back with a hedge maze and lots of lawn for frolicking, along with a playroom in the hotel itself. :)

With gay places like these dwindling, it's a little surprising to see prices so high for meh quality.

Key West now has the same issue.  Two gay B&Bs left.  They routinely run $400+ a night.  Not worth the premium (imo).

These places also are dealing with a dying audience.  Young gays aren't wanting to stay at places like these and their customer base is aging out.

The next decade is going to be interesting to see what happens to them.

5 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

With gay places like these dwindling, it's a little surprising to see prices so high for meh quality.

Key West now has the same issue.  Two gay B&Bs left.  They routinely run $400+ a night.  Not worth the premium (imo).

These places also are dealing with a dying audience.  Young gays aren't wanting to stay at places like these and their customer base is aging out.

The next decade is going to be interesting to see what happens to them.

totally agree with you - i always thought it was because i live in NYC that i refused to pay "gay surcharge" to stay in a forgettable-or-worse place just becauae it promotes itself as gay - and for people outside of the cities, maybe they are willing to put up with stupid high price and low qualty in order to be around gay people, something that we take for granted here

so much to stay in a nice airbnb or other guest house for fraction of price and better quality than to waste money because a place has a rainbow flag haha... can always just go play there for a few dollars for a ew hours and leave

8 hours ago, NipLuvr212 said:

Hey guys - I used to live in CA and was a frequent visitor to Palm Springs pre-COVID - and always had a wonderful stay there, but it's been a while.

So as I look at places for an upcoming week's stay:

• prices for some gay fun resorts like CCBC seem crazy high - like out of proportion to the quality of the place
  • airbnb seems like a viable option
  • places have some and gone

so my question is: can you recommend a place that is clothing optional, pleasant for a week's stay ("upscale" NOT a requirement) and maybe not Ritz-prices?

Appreciate it!

Check out the Triangle Inn 

WWW.TRIANGLE-INN.COM

eight elegantly-appointed suites within the hotel grounds

• 1 month later...

Spent few days at Canyon Club in Palm Springs.
Here is my review on Tripadvisor.

' -do you have anything to declare?

- yes, never go to England!' - (c) "Snatch"

Decent outdoor area, totally unexpected huge 'yard' recreation place, like, a small beautiful park with maze, fountains, tiny pond etc.

Extremely shabby rooms, old,  broken equipment, furniture falling apart, cockroaches, vending machine broken, 'play room' just pathetic.

Place manager 'Jeff' - total, complete a..hole in a bad meaning of the word. Asked for assistance with internet (their wifi works ONLY with Apple device, have no clue how they achieved that) - he started giving me mocking, humiliating and overly polite useless responses, showing he does not give a f<>.

I cancelled my stay and moved to Motel 6 - incomparably better, cleaner and friendlier. And cheaper, two.

6 hours ago, Stan14 said:

Spent few days at Canyon Club in Palm Springs.
Here is my review on Tripadvisor.

Decent outdoor area, totally unexpected huge 'yard' recreation place, like, a small beautiful park with maze, fountains, tiny pond etc.

Extremely shabby rooms, old,  broken equipment, furniture falling apart, cockroaches, vending machine broken, 'play room' just pathetic.

Place manager 'Jeff' - total, complete a..hole in a bad meaning of the word. Asked for assistance with internet (their wifi works ONLY with Apple device, have no clue how they achieved that) - he started giving me mocking, humiliating and overly polite useless responses, showing he does not give a f<>.

I cancelled my stay and moved to Motel 6 - incomparably better, cleaner and friendlier. And cheaper, two.

And...CCBC has the audacity to charge a "resort fee" in addition to their bathhouse...er, "hotel" nightly rates.