How many reviews are a good number for masseurs to have on RM?

Just booked my first massage through rentmasseur and feeling a little nervous about the experience and whether they're police posing as a masseur.

The masseur has about 20 reviews on RM that are nearly all 5 stars but I can't find anything about them in reviews or the forums here. They have their own website that I booked an erotic massage through it. I know there's no magic number for reviews that guarantee a good experience but wondering what you all look for to feel a bit more sure about it.

And am I worrying about nothing here when it comes to police posing as a masseur? How common is that? 

On 2/13/2024 at 7:07 PM, shmadamazing said:

...And am I worrying about nothing here when it comes to police posing as a masseur? How common is that? 

In my 20+ years on this platform and its predecessors I have never heard a report that police were posing as gay erotic masseurs. I don't see a need to worry about being caught by the police.

On 2/13/2024 at 9:07 PM, shmadamazing said:

Just booked my first massage through rentmasseur and feeling a little nervous about the experience and whether they're police posing as a masseur.

The masseur has about 20 reviews on RM that are nearly all 5 stars but I can't find anything about them in reviews or the forums here. They have their own website that I booked an erotic massage through it. I know there's no magic number for reviews that guarantee a good experience but wondering what you all look for to feel a bit more sure about it.

And am I worrying about nothing here when it comes to police posing as a masseur? How common is that? 

If you feel unsafe, don't go!

Where do you live? It's a massage... it's legal. Are you expecting more than a massage? If that's the case talk about it in person.

Again, if you're looking for an excuse not to proceed stay home, don't take unwanted risks!

On 2/13/2024 at 9:07 PM, shmadamazing said:

It's not very common for police to pose as gay masseurs. I've never heard of such thing. Always err on the side of caution and listen to your instincts. If it doesn't feel safe, pay attention to what makes you uneasy. Hopefully the masseur you chose is professional and trained, so you have a good setup and experience.

Best wishes.