MSNBC facing backlash over canceling "Mehdi Hasan" show

Ali Gator

I always liked him. I DVRd his show every weekend if I wasn't home to watch him, and enjoyed when he guest hosted for other shows when the host was off that night / week. Like many other viewers, I thought it was rather peculiar - if not obvious - that MSNBC yanked him out of his chair the weekend of October 7.  Everyone else was doing full coverage of what was happening overseas, but he was notably missing. There has been plenty of discussion about this on other message forums over the past two months. 

On 12/9/2023 at 11:13 PM, sync said:

Mehdi Hasan speaks what people need to hear rather than what they want to hear.  Apparently, that generated too much heat for the powers that be at MSNBC.

Shame.

It has truly bothered me how corporate media has adversely affected our being told the truth; thus when it's been presented-- the commentator is released.  I try to obtain my news from Free Speech Television, NPR, Democracy Now, and from what I can glean from the net.

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2023 at 6:32 PM, Axiom2001 said:

It has truly bothered me how corporate media has adversely affected our being told the truth; thus when it's been presented-- the commentator is released.  I try to obtain my news from Free Speech Television, NPR, Democracy Now, and from what I can glean from the net.

no fan of NPR or BBC. Both strongly pro-US government distortion. They should have kept to Eastenders. 

Edited by tassojunior

On 12/9/2023 at 4:43 PM, Ali Gator said:

I always liked him. I DVRd his show every weekend if I wasn't home to watch him, and enjoyed when he guest hosted for other shows when the host was off that night / week. Like many other viewers, I thought it was rather peculiar - if not obvious - that MSNBC yanked him out of his chair the weekend of October 7.  Everyone else was doing full coverage of what was happening overseas, but he was notably missing. There has been plenty of discussion about this on other message forums over the past two months. 

I liked him too and was disappointed when was taken off. 

NBC News shut down Ronan Farrow for investigating Harvey Weinstein, so there is that history.  Not the best.