Hall is suing Oates

samhexum

sources privy to the conflict have told TMZ that the legal battle pertains to “the ground rules of who can sing what as a solo artist, along with money issues of course.”

The insiders disclosed that Hall, 77, made a swift legal move on Nov. 16, petitioning the court for a restraining order against Oates, 75, which was promptly granted the following day by the presiding judge. 

Oates performed a series of solo shows earlier this month, purportedly singing a number of his and Hall’s joint hits.

Concerts on Nov. 9 and 10 were postponed, per TMZ, but it remains unclear whether Hall had anything to do with that decision, given his suit was not filed until the following week.

I'm diggin' the footwear...

john-oates-rock-duo-hall-72706664.jpg?re

Say It Isn't So. Hall will make it crystal clear with everyone he wrote that, too. They did a show near me, which I didn't attend, but the consensus was that it was dreadful. They "mixed it up" with the style of ALL of their hits, which is a grave dis-service to fans who want to hear things played normally.

I stopped attending live shows due to horrible misfortune time and again. Only playing a new album in it's entirety (Black Crowes), not playing the 1 song I was there to hear (Pixies), or the worst - doing only a gospel set of tunes because it was Easter (B.J. Thomas) - dammit!

11 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

I stopped attending live shows due to horrible misfortune time and again. Only playing a new album in it's entirety (Black Crowes), not playing the 1 song I was there to hear (Pixies), or the worst - doing only a gospel set of tunes because it was Easter (B.J. Thomas) - dammit!

@WilliamM saw Beethoven in concert and was pissed that he only performed covers of Mozart's greatest hits.  He yelled out his displeasure.  Alas, his protest fell on deaf ears.

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

1 hour ago, samhexum said:

@WilliamM saw Beethoven in concert and was pissed that he only performed covers of Mozart's greatest hits.  He yelled out his displeasure.  Alas, his protest fell on deaf ears.

Beethoven the dog? The canine's got some serious talent if he could tickle the ivories, hearing deficiency or not. Personally I prefer watching skateboarding guinea pigs.

9 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

I saw Judy Garland at Boston  Garden when a freshman in college in 1961

I saw Warren Beatty's big sister at the Palace Theater.

I saw Harry Chapin's brother open for Rick Springfield at the Syracuse War Memorial.

I saw Waylon & Madame at Westbury Music Fair, opening for Paul Lynde.  I think it was the "Rabidly Macho Men Across America" tour.

Try not to be too jealous.

Edited by samhexum
for absolutely NO @%!*ING reason at all!

I met the mothers of Gene Simmons & Bobby McFerrin. Different years, different places, different women.

I had a friend see Smash Mouth get booed off the stage. Marilyn Manson was in the crowd. It was on a Thursday night. He mentioned he's a "Seinfeld" hater. 

It was no Rosanne Barr singing the National Anthem, but the only time I saw a crowd boo someone to stop was ironically at a Padres game. He was a parody singer, serenading Randy Jones when he was being inducted into the team's Hall of Fame. I REALLY dislike San Diego fans, as I thought he was clever. I've been FORCED to see a Beach Boys concert against my will after a game. They were promoting "Cruisin'", which peaked at 99 on the charts. 

Circling back to Hall, I like his personal taste in music. He, like me, thinks "Tenderoni" by Chromeo is one of the best dance songs of the 21st century.

On 11/24/2023 at 5:00 PM, viewing ownly said:

I've been FORCED to see a Beach Boys concert against my will after a game.

Oh, yeah...  I always forget Kevin Love's uncle was in a band.  Didn't the guy Tony Danza help to cuckold occasionally jam with them onstage?

On 11/24/2023 at 4:14 PM, samhexum said:

I saw Warren Beatty's big sister at the Palace Theater.

I saw Harry Chapin's brother open for Rick Springfield at the Syracuse War Memorial.

I saw Waylon & Madame at Westbury Music Fair, opening for Paul Lynde.  I think it was the "Rabidly Macho Men Across America" tour.

Try not to be too jealous.

I have seen Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones,  Jefferson Airplane,  Bruce Springsteen,  Patti Smith,  Jethro Tull,   Ella Fitzgerald,  Sarah Vaughan, Judy Collins,  the Wainwright family and Liza Miinnelli