I wish dudes would stop lying to us, and more importantly themselves

Jarrod_Uncut

3 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

That seems to be happening way often to you and other frequent posters. Is it because you tend to hire younger guys? 

While it's still only a handful, so far I've only hired guys in their late 20's and I've not had a single no show or cancellation. And while I do my homework, I have taken a couple of chances or less-verifiable providers who both worked out. <Aggressively knocking on wood.>

Edited by Your Man in Arlington
Punctuation

On 11/3/2023 at 12:34 PM, Vin_Marco said:

And expecting to be paid for information???? That's just insane and would never for a minute cross my mind. 

I just wanted to go back to this again, just to clarify. It’s not that I’m charging for information. I have my ad, my website, and reviews. All that information is readily available. The thing is, many people who browse the sites skip all that information, that I’ve put my foot into baking 🥧 lol, metaphorically speaking: and go straight to dialing or instant messaging me.

Then when I go over that information, they are clueless: no idea that I prefer advance notice, no idea that I ask for a deposit, no idea that I travel and post in different cities, no idea that I have a website, no idea my rates, no idea about anything. And they want to reach out at random times and tell me they are only available “Today”.

I remember few months ago, some dude contacted me while I was visiting at the Air Force base with a guy I was dating. I took the time to reply to him: he was visiting in a town about hour away, but it was the nearest major city to the Air Force base: he had a hotel but didn’t want to host because quote: “his dog isn’t friendly with strangers”. Then when I was trying to arrange a booking, he’s like “only in town tonight” and then gets all dismissive towards me when I asked for deposit because: why the fuck am I going to go way out there and book a hotel out of my pocket, and not have any assurance of it happening?

It distracted my whole Air Force base date that day, and I should have never even responded to his cheap ass. But now: I’ll never have to worry about that again because: my number won’t be posted and they’ll have to do a bit more effort to reach me.

I don’t have time for that shit anymore. Too many clueless people contacting all the time, who have no intention to coordinate anything. They just think a provider is going to fall into their lap (or other areas) with no sort of effort to figure out what can work. 

For example this article (because people love to compare our industry to other businesses…well let’s go ahead and compare it to other businesses 😂

WWW.PRO.GLOWDAY.COM

If you’re not charging for your consultations, it might be time to ask yourself if that makes good...

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut