"Sorry about that. Ignore my text. It was sent to you in error."

viewing ownly

I've had it happen just once. A masseur I really enjoyed who gave the vibe that the feeling wasn't mutual let me know when he was visiting my area again, which I found to be thoughtful. I didn't respond, as the note appeared to be impersonal, which didn't bother me at all. Then, I was very surprised to get a message about 10 minutes later apologizing, and indicating that it wasn't meant for me, but for someone else.

When that second text came through - and that clearly was not a group message, but directed at me - I REALLY knew that me attempting a repeat was no longer in the cards. He had no way of knowing whether or not I was going to respond to the initial accidental text he sent, but would have to know that in addition to correcting himself and contacting who he meant it for in the first place, he's likely losing my perspective business anymore, too.

10 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

I've had it happen just once. A masseur I really enjoyed who gave the vibe that the feeling wasn't mutual let me know when he was visiting my area again, which I found to be thoughtful. I didn't respond, as the note appeared to be impersonal, which didn't bother me at all. Then, I was very surprised to get a message about 10 minutes later apologizing, and indicating that it wasn't meant for me, but for someone else.

When that second text came through - and that clearly was not a group message, but directed at me - I REALLY knew that me attempting a repeat was no longer in the cards. He had no way of knowing whether or not I was going to respond to the initial accidental text he sent, but would have to know that in addition to correcting himself and contacting who he meant it for in the first place, he's likely losing my perspective business anymore, too.

His vibe of the enjoyment not being mutual would have (and has) been enough for me to remove him from my list. There are plenty of equally (if not more) enjoyable providers that give better vibes, whether genuine or not. It's my money, it's my fantasy, it's my experience. Why should it not cater me and my needs first?

That said, sometimes there's doubt about that, there's a chance that I have misread the "vibe", so I guess that in your case the text confirmed what your own intuition was telling you.

On 10/29/2023 at 8:47 AM, Massageguy99 said:

Funny I had a provider I saw a few times before crossing off my list. He had a vibe of just forcing himself to fain interest. 

Look I don't expect to be everyone's cup of tea nor is everyone's mine, but either quit taking my money or learn to fake it ha. 

For some providers - some, not all - for a bunch of reasons that have come up on here in the past - making some clients feel bad is part of how they get through the experience. Like traffic police and customs.

And of course some clients do the same to providers, reminding them of the direction the money flows.

So there’s not a need for them to learn the skill of hiding these feelings, and they won’t say no if you’re still prepared to pay for the experience  - it’s part of the game of life.  Move on if it bothers you.  And be thankful for the providers who, however unprofessional, don’t want anything to do with you.

On 10/27/2023 at 10:39 PM, viewing ownly said:

What about just asking him: "can I see you again? When are you coming back to town?"

I think you're overthinking this too much.