Blocked by Masseur due to an error on my part.

OK. So I fucked up.  The masseur has blocked me, but I do want to correct my mistake.  Not sure how to go about that.  I saw a traveling masseur that was in my area today. He goes by ElevatedBodyWork on RM.  I saw today was his last day in the area and I reached out very last minute. He accommodated me.  He had a unique style, but it was a good massage.  I would recommend.  When I got home, my RentMasseur page was still opened, but it said that I was blocked.  I refreshed and noticed I had been blocked.  So I sent a text that said I was blocked and I am sorry if I offended him in some way.  Then I thought to look in my wallet.  I discovered my error.  It was so dark in the hotel room he was working out of, I actually put my shirt on wrong-side out and backwards.  lol.  Well, I also grabbed out the wrong bills from my wallet.  I meant to give $220 ($180 plus tip).  Instead I pulled out one $100 bill and two $20s.  So I shorted him by $20 on his main price and no tip.  I am so embarrassed.  I have texted him, but I may be blocked on the phone, too.  I wish he would have counted it before I left.  

What can I do?

Would it be possible for a friendly person on this site to message him and explain my mistake and ask if he can unblock me and allow me to Venmo him the missing money.  I will happily give him an additional $100 to make up for my mistake.

Sorry for the panic post.  I don't want to rip someone off.  That was not my intent at all.

11 minutes ago, questbear said:

OK. So I fucked up.  The masseur has blocked me, but I do want to correct my mistake.  Not sure how to go about that.  I saw a traveling masseur that was in my area today. He goes by ElevatedBodyWork on RM.  I saw today was his last day in the area and I reached out very last minute. He accommodated me.  He had a unique style, but it was a good massage.  I would recommend.  When I got home, my RentMasseur page was still opened, but it said that I was blocked.  I refreshed and noticed I had been blocked.  So I sent a text that said I was blocked and I am sorry if I offended him in some way.  Then I thought to look in my wallet.  I discovered my error.  It was so dark in the hotel room he was working out of, I actually put my shirt on wrong-side out and backwards.  lol.  Well, I also grabbed out the wrong bills from my wallet.  I meant to give $220 ($180 plus tip).  Instead I pulled out one $100 bill and two $20s.  So I shorted him by $20 on his main price and no tip.  I am so embarrassed.  I have texted him, but I may be blocked on the phone, too.  I wish he would have counted it before I left.  

What can I do?

Text him and ask him if you can Venmo him the balance

It's over 45 minutes away and I really can't tonight.  I could tomorrow sometime, but I am not sure when he checks out.  It would be so much better if I could just get a hold of him via message and see if he can text me his Venmo.  If I can't figure out a way to get a hold of him virtually, I will try to drive back tomorrow.  

Just now, questbear said:

It's over 45 minutes away and I really can't tonight.  I could tomorrow sometime, but I am not sure when he checks out.  It would be so much better if I could just get a hold of him via message and see if he can text me his Venmo.  If I can't figure out a way to get a hold of him virtually, I will try to drive back tomorrow. 

Just now, questbear said:

Is he on Rentmen or RentMasseur? If he’s an on RentMasseur I can try to messsge him. 

7 minutes ago, viewing ownly said:

If my math is correct, you shorted him $40, not $20. The dim lighting excuse wouldn't fly with me if I were a provider, sorry. Use an entirely different method of contact with him if you want to see him again, and this time, pay up front - plus $40 - but don't explain why until your massage is over - THEN find better lighting and leave a gratuity, sharing this story with him if you so choose.

OK.  Yes, I shorted him 40 plus the tip of another $40 which was my intent..  I'm sorry the dim lighting would not fly with you, but it was the honest truth or I wouldn't be posting.  It was a genuine error.  I should have walked into the bathroom or turned a lamp on when pulling money out of my wallet.  I understand that I fucked up, but you don't have to be so rude either.  I'm certain you have never made a mistake, but some of us are human here. Also, I believe I said that I was willing to send him another $100.  So I don't understand why you are being such an ass?????

5 minutes ago, BriansBodywork said:

I’ve messaged him on RentMasseur exposing your mistake and told him he might consider unblocking you so you can make it up to him. 

Thank you for your help.  I honestly did not mean for this to happen.  I typically pay with a Venmo or app, and if cash pay up front when requested.  So whatever the opinion that my mistake was inexcusable, I genuinely did not mean for this to happen.  If I were heartless, I would just let it go.  

Thanks to @BriansBodyworkeverything has turned out OK.  He unblocked me on text and we sorted everything out.  He was even apologetic for jumping to a conclusion without discussing it first.  Honestly, he was a very quiet/soft spoken man.  You can message me if you want to know more about his massage.  I don't know what area he is traveling to next.  I don't think he does either at the moment.

3 minutes ago, questbear said:

Thanks to @BriansBodyworkeverything has turned out OK.  He unblocked me on text and we sorted everything out.  He was even apologetic for jumping to a conclusion without discussing it first.  Honestly, he was a very quiet/soft spoken man.  You can message me if you want to know more about his massage.  I don't know what area he is traveling to next.  I don't think he does either at the moment.

Glad to help out!!!🙌🏽

When this happens (not often) it’s usually an honest mistake. I contact the client and tell them how much they shorted, and offer an alternative method to make up the difference. I don’t demand a tip, just what they agreed to pay based on my advertised rates. Sometimes the client comes back shortly after to settle up, or they use a digital payment method. It happens. We’re all human.

Kudos to you @questbear for going way out of your way to make it right. Respect. Most clients would give up and not care.

This is also an example for masseurs and other providers to not make assumptions and to not give up on their clients without first trying to make some sort of effort. That block button is so easy to push, but sometimes a small amount of communication can recover some lost income, and more importantly, foster a good ongoing client relationship.

one time, I got a massage based on a referral; my bad for not confirming with the provider the cost; our mutual pal did and it was $20 less than the guy's posted price on his ad. 

After I left (the massage was horrible; he was on speed or something; he was fidgety - kept checking his phone; would not stop talking) he reached out and said I shorted him 40 bucks.  I drove back over and left $40 in an envelope in his mailbox, texted him it was there, and never heard from him again. 

Our mutual pal asked how it went. I said oh, good. Fine. He kept pushing about when I'd see his pal again. I finally said, 'Look not only was he horrible, he made no attempt at a connection and he acted disengaged. It was my 100% bad for not confirming the fee directly with the provider but to go $20 higher than his posted rate? I was referred by a pal after all.  Looking back, it was a learning experience. I should have asked the mutual pal why do you think your pal and I would be a match. I didn't bother pointing out to the provider he was jacking up the price. Best $20 I ever spent. I never had to see him again. 

More recently, I saw someone who really seemed down on his luck; he'd moved to a new city and seem really scared about making ends meet. He got nervous as I was leaving and asked if he could count the money. I said sure. He was thrilled I'd tipped him. I hope he's okay. 

Fwiw- I once made the same error. I still don’t know how it happened, bc I always tip (unless the provider was a scam artist- and even then I pay the regular fee). It was a small town in California and after the massage, I drove downtown for some lunch and the provider *followed me into town in his car* and approached me. Kinda made me nervous (he didn’t call me?), but then I was mortified when I discovered that indeed there was $40 extra dollars in my wallet. 
Just sharing to say it can happen to anyone!  

6 hours ago, questbear said:

Would it be possible for a friendly person on this site to message him and explain my mistake and ask if he can unblock me and allow me to Venmo him the missing money.  I will happily give him an additional $100 to make up for my mistake.

Sorry for the panic post.  I don't want to rip someone off.  That was not my intent at all.

You're a good man 👌🏽🙌🏽 👏🏽 

5 hours ago, BriansBodywork said:

I’ve messaged him on RentMasseur exposing your mistake and told him he might consider unblocking you so you can make it up to him. 

You're a good man too 👏🏽

This is a coincidence. Just yesterday a client handed me a wad of notes after the massage and I didn’t count it. I never do unless the client says please count. Most of my clients pay by card so it’s impossible to short. 

This guy was a client I’d seen a couple of times previously (although over 2 years since his last visit). After he’d left I got in the shower then started to tidy up after the massage. As I was getting dressed I saw the money and decided to put it in my wallet but as I did so it felt light so I counted and it’s £100 short. 

I knew it was a mistake because he’d never done anything like it before and he’d clearly enjoyed the session, so I messaged him and he immediately responded to say he was coming back. After about 10 minutes he turned up and settled the balance without any problem. 

Had it been a new client I’d have done the same, but perhaps not if the money was just £20 short. But £100 short is so obviously an error I’d always message them to let them know. If they’d shorted me on purpose then they’d either say so or ignore me. Can’t see the point in blocking because if they’d not enjoyed it they wouldn’t be coming back. Also if the client did try to book again in future I could remind them of the money they owe. 

I’m glad you  @questbearwere able to fix the mistake. You’re a great client!