Prime Day Help Sought for Laptop

Lucky

I want to buy a good but not high end laptop for traveling. I have no idea what the good ones are or how to compare them. Perhaps a savvier guy here could help me find the best choice.

For starters, this is one I think looks good:

https://www.amazon.com/URAO-Quad-Core-Lightweight-Computer-Bluetooth/dp/B0CF9VHS45/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2EX0OFCBVF9U0&keywords=laptop&psr=PDAY&qid=1696977804&s=pbdd&sprefix=laptop%2Cpbdd%2C113&sr=1-3&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.ac2169a1-b668-44b9-8bd0-5ec63b24bcb5

Thanks for any help.

Lucky

What is the purpose of the traveling laptop? Is it just for sending emails /searches or do you need it for work? For me, I prefer investing in a lightweight travel laptop. I have the Dell Latitude, which suits me just fine and is relatively lighter weight (had a Sony Vaio before that and I loved it). I hardly use my ipad if i bring my laptop. Otherwise, I’d suggest an ipad or Samsung galaxy tablet if it works for you.

4 hours ago, cany10011 said:

What is the purpose of the traveling laptop? Is it just for sending emails /searches or do you need it for work? For me, I prefer investing in a lightweight travel laptop. I have the Dell Latitude, which suits me just fine and is relatively lighter weight (had a Sony Vaio before that and I loved it). I hardly use my ipad if i bring my laptop. Otherwise, I’d suggest an ipad or Samsung galaxy tablet if it works for you.

My Ipad is not very good on the internet. Pages beyond the first simply don't load.  Hopefully a laptop is more suitable.

55 minutes ago, Lucky said:

My Ipad is not very good on the internet. Pages beyond the first simply don't load.  Hopefully a laptop is more suitable.

If it’s just surfing, I think a new iPad mini would work if the problem you have is an older iPad. 
Or, perhaps you have too many screens opened on your iPad or too many photos? Perhaps go to the Genius Bar and see if they can diagnose it. 

Edited by cany10011

51 minutes ago, Lucky said:

@Lucky FYI I use my iPad almost 80% of my day and for work ...including virtually 100% of my moderator duties here. I'm surprised you're having iPad troubles with internet.

What model iPad? Which browser do you use? Do you have cellular data on your iPad or wifi only?

On 10/13/2023 at 4:42 PM, Marc in Calif said:

A nice Chromebook is perfect for internet use -- potentially at a fraction of the cost of an iPad.

This is my recommendation as well, I have a chromebook which I use for 2 things only (1) keep it on the nightstand for bedtime use and (2) travel.  You can find very inexpensive chromebooks on deal sites such as Woot (owned by Amazon), good luck!

• 1 month later...

I let Prime Day pass so today took advantage of early Black Friday sale on Amazon and bought this:

I couldn't see the value of a Chromebook over a laptop. My bad experience with my old Ipad kept me from buying a new one. So I hope this laptop does the job.
It didn't cost much at $239.