Becoming friends

Go to solution Solved by Rgsnva,

On 10/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, KennF said:

It's all about the communication.  The conversations aren't "easy".  But they don't have to be "difficult" either.

It comes down to being honest with yourself and with them about what 'services' fit into each box.  Example: if he gives you a call and say you feel like going to see a movie.  You go to dinner and a movie and even hang out later.  That's friendship.  However, If you end up swapping blow jobs, that's not friendship.  Or maybe, blow jobs are fine, but it depends on whether it is during his normal work hours, or on afternoons when he isn't working.  Or, it depends on who initiates.  Or, who gets to top who.  

Whatever the definition is for you and him, as long as you both (1) respect and (2) keep communicating, then it can work.

I always feel that this is true regardless of what type of relationship you have with a person.  

I even hold that true for colleagues/subordinates/bosses at work who become outside of work friends.

Yes, I admit you are correct there.

As long as you maintain professional boundaries, I'd imagine it's ok. For example, someone like me should only have a provider satisfy their fetishes during "working hours," but all sexual activities outside those hours have to be mutual.

The only difference between an FB and FWB, aside from friendship, is that FWB's also do non-sexual things outside of "working hours." My opinion.