Gorgeous young men on hookup sites

Rudynate

I'm wondering what is up with all these gorgeous young guys on hookup sites. I see them all the time on A4A.  They are usually Asian, but not always.  They always say they are new to the US and working in design and they do investing on the side.  Then they ask me what I do for a living.  When I tell them what I do, they always want to chat more, and they want to move the chat to google chat or Whatsapp.  Ive been experimenting with their reaction when I tell them what I do for a living. 

One time, when he asked what I did for a living, I answered that I was a gardener, which was met with silence.

Another time, I answered that I was a janitor, and he responded that I seemed to be good at guarding the door.

Another time, I answered that I was out of a job just now and living in a homeless shelter and could he help me out.  He answered "yes, what do you need?"

Another time, when he asked if I had any investments, I said that I did but I didn't want to discuss them.  Silence.

Sometimes they post pictures of these palatial places where they are supposed to live.

Are they different guys, all running the same scam, or is it one guy that's responsible for all of them?  

I get a lot of them.  Do I fit some sort of profile or is this random? Are they targeting older guys?

It's puzzling.

I've always stayed away from the apps and hookup sites, precisely because of that type of scams, in addition to the amount of guessing that one has to do when connecting to others based on text typed and two-dimensional pictures. So it seems like yes, there are way too many risks for me to feel comfortable, about my personal information, my investments, my reputation (do I still have a good one? I wonder) and other things. It's not technology fear or illiteracy; I think it's age. I have a different overall mindset about it.

7 hours ago, Rudynate said:

I'm wondering what is up with all these gorgeous young guys on hookup sites. I see them all the time on A4A.  They are usually Asian, but not always.  They always say they are new to the US and working in design and they do investing on the side.  Then they ask me what I do for a living.  When I tell them what I do, they always want to chat more, and they want to move the chat to google chat or Whatsapp.  Ive been experimenting with their reaction when I tell them what I do for a living. 

One time, when he asked what I did for a living, I answered that I was a gardener, which was met with silence.

Another time, I answered that I was a janitor, and he responded that I seemed to be good at guarding the door.

Another time, I answered that I was out of a job just now and living in a homeless shelter and could he help me out.  He answered "yes, what do you need?"

Another time, when he asked if I had any investments, I said that I did but I didn't want to discuss them.  Silence.

Sometimes they post pictures of these palatial places where they are supposed to live.

Are they different guys, all running the same scam, or is it one guy that's responsible for all of them?  

I get a lot of them.  Do I fit some sort of profile or is this random? Are they targeting older guys?

It's puzzling.

I get them on Grindr all the time.  I think the main target is older guys as they may be more likely to have money they can steal.