Hosting In-Calls may no longer be included in price…

Jarrod_Uncut
Go to solution Solved by BuffaloKyle,

17 hours ago, DWnyc said:

Interesting comparisons but I disagree.

The online hookup apps democratize rather than disenfranchise - means someone in the middle of nowhere can connect with others (nearby or not) without having to go to far / expensive locations.

Decriminalizing the hobby will be great in many ways but I think it will actually put pressure in rates downwards. That may increase likelihood of clients seeking providers but it will also reduce margins for providers.

True but, I was talking about it as a bigger picture aspect. I know it serves a purpose where gay life is nonexistent or highly risky. I see that myself when I have to spend time in a small town regularly.

However: Grindr and company aren’t necessarily the godsend that it APPEARS to be because, they aren’t covering all bases of gay life. And a big part of gay life is being able to sell what you have. I mean, it’s no secret. Big cities like San Francisco and New York are both cities with tons of free and paid sex. I can at least say Adam4Adam did the right thing by allowing providers to promote. However, I think there’s an issue with using an app versus a website that doesn’t allow services. 

And I still stand by the fact that they hijacked a lot of work from gay sex workers, but have done nothing to reimburse us. They pay us back in the form of banning and restrictions. That’s why I won’t pay them a penny to get “Extra”. 

So many guys would hit me up on the goodwill app, talking about they’re on business at a hotel and want to get fucked. That used to be a good portion of my bookings: hotel outcalls. I didn’t even have to host. Now, I only occasionally get them anymore. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

15 hours ago, Jarrod_Uncut said:

Grindr and company aren’t necessarily the godsend that it APPEARS to be because, they aren’t covering all bases of gay life. And a big part of gay life is being able to sell what you have. I mean, it’s no secret. Big cities like San Francisco and New York are both cities with tons of free and paid sex. I can at least say Adam4Adam did the right thing by allowing providers to promote. However, I think there’s an issue with using an app versus a website that doesn’t allow services. 

I wouldn’t categorize providing as as a part specifically of gay life.  There’s a danger of this approach feeding into homophobic stereotypes.

I see the hobby as no different from eg a nanny or a caregiver hired for the those without the time or people in their lives to meet a need, or, how I might go to a restaurant for a meal rather than try to make it myself. And that applies to gay and straight provider-client engagement (in far greater volume) as well.

Also, the online hookup apps are not claiming to cover all aspects of gay life however defined - just a very specific one. If that eats into your business that means the market has become more efficient.

Grindr isn’t a charity - they are not obligated to compensate those they outcompete (and are they really offering anything competing with the true provider model?)

Rentmen surely is in the same vein as Grindr - use emerging technology to make a specific market segment operate more efficiently.  I wouldn’t go on RM to find hookups and I wouldn’t go on Grindr to find providers (though in the movie playing in my head right now I’d be open to novel scenarios … 😝

Edited by DWnyc