15-20 minute sessions

ShortCutie7

15 hours ago, ShortCutie7 said:

have even considered paying for a full hour but saying “I can only stay around 20 minutes”.

^This is exactly how it works. Clients pay for the full hour even when they can only stay for a shorter time. Our hourly fees cover our overhead, which doesn’t change when we spend 20 mins vs 60 with the client.

Clients do shorter sessions from time to time. We don’t discount our fees by the minute or partial hour. We’re still taking the same risks, spending the same time to coordinate and prepare for the appointment, cleaning after, and so on. None of these items get smaller when we spend less than an hour with the client. The client is paying our overhead costs, which are structured around one hour fees (or more).

1 hour ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

This whole thread is highly amusing.

You pay for an hour, whether you need the whole hour or not.

This is it. Sometimes I get clients asking if they can book and pay for half hour but then extend it to an hour or longer if they want to during the session. So what that means is I have to book out the full hour in my calendar (giving up doing anything else during that time) just in case the client decides he wants longer! Sorry no that doesn’t happen. Minimum time is an hour. My style doesn’t suit anything less than that and really I find an hour is rushed. Best time is 90m or 2 hours. 

There was once a guy in Chicago who advertised offering 30 minute mini sessions prior to the pandemic,  but he stopped. Even his (now normal) ad isn't up regularly anymore. 

I don't know if he would have been any good, since he turned me down after I told him what I was into. Even though I was trying to book a whole hour. 

As others have said, it takes a lot of prep to get ready for a session of any length so that's built into the higher price for a shorter time. Depends on the city but typically my I ask $300 for the first hour and then $200 for each hour after that. I don't advertise half hours but if someone requests one, I usually price them for $200 outcall and $180 incall.