Booking Hotel Rooms

You could book yourself a room and host him for session(s)with you when he arrives. Is he traveling to your city already, or just to see you? Are you meant to foot the bill for an extended visit during which other clients will be visiting the room that has your credit card as security? I’d sure have to know this traveler pretty well…

He’s a provider that is already in the DC area.  He said he wanted a “change of scenery” and would come out to burbs (30 minutes outside of the city) but I would have to foot the bill of the room.  

I’ve never met him and he appears to be a traveling provider that didn’t have much luck on this trip.  

1 hour ago, Looky_lou_boo said:

Would you book a hotel room for a provider? Common sense and “fiscal responsibility 😉” tells me no, but are there instances that you would?

This is more of a curiosity question. I had a provider ask me to book his room and I politely declined. 

Since the hotel may require my credit card and ID, I most likely would not. I would as another poster stated be willing to host on my own room. 

1 hour ago, Looky_lou_boo said:

He’s a provider that is already in the DC area.  He said he wanted a “change of scenery” and would come out to burbs (30 minutes outside of the city) but I would have to foot the bill of the room.  

I’ve never met him and he appears to be a traveling provider that didn’t have much luck on this trip.  

So basically doing an outcall. IMO custom for client to foot room bill for an outcall service - provider paying if an incall.

If I were coming to the client's  city at his invitation,   yeah,  I would expect him to book  "the" hotel room for us.    If I were to stay in a separate room,  we'd need to discuss,  but I'd largely expect him to bear the fiscal responsibility.    Now if I were coming to the city to see clients in general and he was to be one of those booked,  I'd get my own hotel room without any question.   It would be my responsibility.

From my perspective,  its all about who took the initiative and if the client was to be the sole client beneficiary.