Incentives to book ?

4 minutes ago, Simon Suraci said:

Rarely do clients take advantage of my standing referral discount. That’s my best one for them and the most costly to me. It’s 50% off the referring client’s next massage, and 50% off the referral client’s first massage. That’s essentially giving away a whole massage. BUT it’s valuable to me in the long term because the referrals often become regular clients, and they tend to be better clients in general. In the short term, both the referral and referring clients both tend to tip generously anyways because they’re so happy to get such a deep discount, so it offsets the initial loss quite a bit. Win-win-win!

Exactly.  It is good business to make it about the total-value of the customer, instead of the transactional-value.

4 minutes ago, KennF said:

To create that value, you have to move passed the money, and, IMO, it get into the service.  Always meet your customer where they are.

I can tell you are well intended here.

I think hiring providers is a slippery slope for many because they want to make it something other than what it is - meaning paying for sex.  It’s a huge taboo in our culture and quite unexpectedly taboo among gay men.  If I had a nickel for every time one of my friends said “I don’t need to pay for sex”.  I’m not exactly sure what they even means other than a passive/aggressive judgement when I’m open about my hiring.  It doesn’t bother me really - but just confirms that most people think it’s wrong, even relatively liberal minded gay men.

I’m of the opposite mind - I have zero shame or stigma attached to hiring providers in any context. And I don’t care who knows it.  With the providers, I’ll treat them as any invited guest in my home but with a clear understanding of the transaction and what is expected.  To me it’s the same as other intimate service like massage.  

Just because it’s sex and I’m paying for it doesn’t mean I have to craft some narrative to mentally work around it and allow myself permission to go there.  
I’ve literally hired hundreds of guys over the years and had some long term “relationships” yet there was never any confusion that money is what held the connection together. 

Of course the money isn’t always discussed - it’s more like the oxygen in the room that allows the entire transaction to happen.  And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.