Taboo topic~

Tygerscent

I’m having this done when I die~ The full bod capsule with my moms’ ashes, Nanook to wolf’s bones and Raison the Greek Kitty’s ashes inside as well~
 Such an awesome idea~!!!   
 Years ago I made all of my arrangements and paid do them upfront~ Now I’m modifying things a bit to this~ The bod pod~ 

My parents ashes are buried together with a simple plaque rather than headstone in a remote northern location cemetery. They had prearranged and prepaid. None of us go there as it is impractical and there are no other draws, as living there was half a century back.

The idea presented above brings to mind that one might see representations of a plant’s growth via photos if taken at times and posted by caretakers. It would take one back more for requiem.

Probably a maple; one of at least a half dozen varieties. 

My siblings are less nostalgic and assert that my ashes would simply be green-bagged and tossed down the most convenient chute. Along with advance directives that crossed paths with a Bic lighter. They are transparent; I’ll give them that.

2 hours ago, SirBillybob said:

My parents ashes are buried together with a simple plaque rather than headstone in a remote northern location cemetery. They had prearranged and prepaid. None of us go there as it is impractical and there are no other draws, as living there was half a century back.

The idea presented above brings to mind that one might see representations of a plant’s growth via photos if taken at times and posted by caretakers. It would take one back more for requiem.

Probably a maple; one of at least a half dozen varieties. 

My siblings are less nostalgic and assert that my ashes would simply be green-bagged and tossed down the most convenient chute. Along with advance directives that crossed paths with a Bic lighter. They are transparent; I’ll give them that.

You could appoint an executor in your will to carry out your wishes and not your siblings who outlive you. 

Edited by Luv2play

17 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

You could appoint an executor in your will to carry out your wishes and not your siblings who outlive you. 

I was being silly. In clinical practice I was no stranger to advance directives, living wills, powers of attorney. For my parent that outlived the spouse I also pushed for a sibling to take those roles as I wished to water down the notion of hierarchical expertise and promote involvement equity. I did all the heavy lifting in concrete areas, days on end, such as sorting, storing, dump-tipping, donating, etc decades-worth of belongings. 

Edited by SirBillybob

I

just like the idea of being absorbed by the tree and it can grow~ Not really concerned about people visiting me. I’ll just be happy with some cool birds and a couple squirrels~
 I have a spot at the San Francisco Columberium, where I’m going to time capsule a few things but, as far as my body goes, I’d love to have a going into something that’s growing and still alive.  
 I fancy the idea of continuing on as a tree while fertilize it with my bod~   
 I was thinking, maybe an olive tree in Italy, or the same in Thessaloniki, Greece, where the United Nations planted a commemorative tree in my mom’s name~ 

IMG_8695.jpeg

IMG_8696.jpeg

Edited by Tygerscent

When making funeral arrangements for a relative a few years ago, I was browsing a catalog of burial urns for cremated remains.  I found one that's a compostable planter specifically sized for saplings.  I'd love for my remains to be absorbed and used by pecan tree in one of the woodsy parts of the USA, so I can become nourishment for the tree and for the ecosystem around the tree.

On 6/8/2023 at 9:01 PM, Tygerscent said:

just like the idea of being absorbed by the tree and it can grow

I have requested this for myself.

Although I have also made it clear, that once I'm dead, I don't really care what they want to do with me. So there's no directives. Just a suggestion.

Absorbed into tree roots sounded like the most natural crossing into the void.