Anyone remember me?:)

Matt_Vancouver redux

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

Anyone who would deny that the denizens of Los Angeles are youth obsessed must be living in La La land.

The drag entertainer at the party gave out what she said were Botox gift certificates. I don't know if that was a joke, but they looked real. My niece was the youngest at the party, at 25, other than a toddler brought in tow by my best friend from high school. I'm not quite sure why, but one of my bartenders carded her. I told him that the only younger person at the party would be easy to identify as a 3 year-old (yes, my former best friend's wife is quite a bit younger than he is). But yes, I might have been one of the only gay men at the party who doesn't get Botox. 

Edited by Unicorn

Twenty years ago a friend of mine from Florida (since deceased) was getting Botox injections in his face to remove temporarily lines in his forehead. He got these at the Montreal Jewish General Hospital from a doctor who offered the service outside the provincial health care plan since cosmetic procedures weren't covered.

I went with him once to drive him home. He did have a lot of lines in his face at the age of 70, having grown up and lived his entire life in Florida until he moved to Montreal at around 68. I had not heard of Botox until he acquainted me with it. 

It cost him quite a lot and frankly only lasted a few months until he needed it again. Maybe it's better now but it won't help him as he died at age 76, my age now. I've never needed it since I have lovely smooth skin on my face. 

My arms and legs are a different matter. 😆

16 hours ago, Luv2play said:

... I've never needed it since I have lovely smooth skin on my face...

Ah! I laugh at seeing myself
as such a beauty in this mirror,
Ah! I laugh at seeing myself
as such a beauty in this mirror,
Is that you, Marguerite, is that really you?
Answer me, answer me,
Answer, answer, answer quickly!
No! No! it’s no longer you!
No ... no, that’s no longer your face;
This face is the face of the daughter of a king;
Not you anymore -
it’s the face of someone that people will salute to as she walks by
Ah, if he were here!
If he saw me so!
Like such a young lady
He would find me to be so beautiful, Ah!
Such a young lady
that he would find to be a beauty!
Let's finish this transformation,
I still long to try on
the bracelet and the necklace!
God! it's like a hand
that gently rests on my arm! ah! ah!
Ah! I laugh at seeing myself as such a beauty in this mirror!
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/jewel-song-jewel-song.html-0

Edited by Unicorn

Hi Matt!  Glad you are doing well.  I certainly remember your posts AND I remember the very nice lunch we had in West Hollywood with SoccerStud.  He doesn't post here anymore but asked met to tell you he remembers you well and REALLY enjoyed the fun you had together, which included at least one overnight, and that he too wishes you all the best and is glad you are contributing again.

Welcome back to the forum stud!

Edited by Rod Hagen