Don Lemon fired!

marylander1940

I knew Don Lemon was in trouble when his female sidekick in drunk New Orleans NYE special  said on air, "you are a black gay man in his 50s with an evening show, they can't fire you"  

I was like honey you just dared the system to do exactly that.  They moved him to mornings.  Then his on-air comments about women past their prime sealed the dismissal. Not saying it was all a conspiracy. Just no one is unfireable. 

18 hours ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

.Donald Trump celebrating Don Lemon's firing on Truth Social Monday.

He made no attempt to hide his disdain for those whom he disagreed with, especially Trump supporters.

Quoting that despicable human being, wow! Isn't this Politics? Is this allowed?

Edited by Italiano

Kudos to Lemon for being a good sport about it.

Speaking to ET, Lemon said he had “no regrets” then told Extra, “There are lots of things that come your way that are unexpected, but I’m a survivor, I come from strong, sturdy stock in Louisiana, and a lot of people who are rooting for me and who love me.”

He said his plan was to spend the summer on the beach with [his fiance] Malone and people who were important to him.  “I’m going to have the summer of a 12-year-old,” he said.

spacer.png

Of course, it's a good guess that the other recently fired host is also going to have the summer of a 12-year-old, too.  He'll just do it differently.  By becoming the last vestige of hope and perhaps the only remaining source of truth in 'Murika.  Before it went to the dogs.

1 hour ago, Peter Eater said:

Nope. Tucker wields no power & influence. The Fox Propaganda platform does. Tucker is the new Bill O’Reilly. A cipher.

Bill O'Reilly was never a force in American politics, never led a political movement.  O'Reilly, a self-described  traditionalist independent (whatever that is), had no following of fellow traditionalist independents, because no such movement exists in this country.

"Tucker wields no power or influence "??  He single-handedly got Donald Trump to do a 180 on his Covid policy by browbeating the president at a party.  Without even speaking to Trump in person, Carlson succeeded in jettisoning shadow president Jared Kushner from the Trump White House.  Wow, I wish I were so "powerless."

Love it or hate it, America First nationalist populism, a.k.a. MAGA, is a force in American politics, and Tucker Carlson is its spiritual leader.  Just as Rush Limbaugh thrived 100% independently from Fox News and any other establishment media, Tucker will (eventually) build his own platform.  Because you dislike Tucker, you're wishcasting his future irrelevance.  But the 76 million (and counting!) views Carlson got on his last tweet indicate that he's just getting started.

56 minutes ago, BSR said:

He single-handedly got Donald Trump to do a 180 on his Covid policy by browbeating the president at a party.  Without even speaking to Trump in person, Carlson succeeded in jettisoning shadow president Jared Kushner from the Trump White House.  Wow, I wish I were so "powerless."

I think you are exaggerating his influence slightly, but I agree with your assessment of his potential. I think too many friends are celebrating too soon. This guy is an amoral and dangerous monster. 

We know that Trump, whether or not he is convicted and/or elected, has just a few more years left. But this guy...

Protect us, God I Do Not Believe In.

pray-sign-of-cross.gif

Edited by José Soplanucas

10 minutes ago, José Soplanucas said:

I think you are exaggerating his influence slightly, but I agree with your assessment of his potential. I think too many friends are celebrating too soon. This guy is an amoral and dangerous monster. 

We know that Trump, whether or not he is convicted and/or elected, has just a few more years left. But this guy...

Protect us, God I Do Not Believe In.

pray-sign-of-cross.gif

Let's revisit this thread in 2 years and compare predictions to hard numbers.

Note that Don Lemon is such a zero that in a thread about his termination, all we can talk about is Tucker Carlson.

On 4/28/2023 at 4:32 PM, BSR said:

"Tucker wields no power or influence "??  He single-handedly got Donald Trump to do a 180 on his Covid policy by browbeating the president at a party.  Without even speaking to Trump in person, Carlson succeeded in jettisoning shadow president Jared Kushner from the Trump White House.  Wow, I wish I were so "powerless."

🤣🤣🤣 Yeah, two-and-a-half years ago, guy with platform had power and influence. Now, with the platform gone, he’ll be as powerful as the dumb two-minute video you posted. You got as much influence posting here. 🤣🤣🤣

9 minutes ago, Peter Eater said:

🤣🤣🤣 Yeah, two-and-a-half years ago, guy with platform had power and influence. Now, with the platform gone, he’ll be as powerful as the dumb two-minute video you posted. You got as much influence posting here. 🤣🤣🤣

That "dumb two-minute video" is now up to 78.1 million views.

Again, no point in pissing back & forth.  Let's revisit Tucker Carlson's situation in 2 years when we'll have some cold hard numbers to look at.  We can also look at the election results on November 6, 2024 to see if MAGA is "toast."

Note who we're not talking about:  the subject of this thread Don Nadie, er, Lemon.

Edited by BSR
Added 2 sentences