Seattle vs Denver vs Vancouver

socurious

I lived in Denver for 15 years and loved it for most of the time. It’s a cozy place to live but doesn’t seem like much of a tourist destination. Of the three, I like Seattle the best. Great views, nice neighborhoods, great restaurants.  Last time I was there, I stayed  at the  Hyatt on Lake Washington, one of the nicest hotels I’ve ever stayed in. I’ve enjoyed Vancouver every time I’ve been there.  My nicest memory of Vancouver was a hunky Cuban I met at a bathhouse.

On 4/14/2023 at 7:20 AM, Vegas777 said:

I disagree.  When comparing Canadian cities, I think Vancouver is only beautiful from afar.  I much prefer walking the streets of Toronto or Montreal.  I have no desire to ever go back to Vancouver.

Toronto is hard to beat.  I have even liked it in the dead of winter and Toronto winters are not for the faint of heart.

3 hours ago, Rudynate said:

Toronto is hard to beat.  I have even liked it in the dead of winter and Toronto winters are not for the faint of heart.

Create meme "the man begins to freeze, frozen man, meme cold" - Pictures -  Meme-arsenal.com

18 hours ago, Rudynate said:

My nicest memory of Vancouver was a hunky Cuban I met at a bathhouse.

My worst memory of Vancouver was my first-ever case of crabs, which I picked up at (maybe?) that same bathhouse. It was almost exactly 30 years ago.

So far, it's been my only visit to that fine city!

14 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

My worst memory of Vancouver was my first-ever case of crabs, which I picked up

Worries still loom for La. seafood industry 😅

Back of the Cereal Box: A Violent Case of Crabs

Edited by Unicorn

3 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

My worst memory of Vancouver was my first-ever case of crabs, which I picked up at (maybe?) that same bathhouse. It was almost exactly 30 years ago.

So far, it's been my only visit to that fine city!

I think I have been there three times.  The hunky Cuban was  during my first visit there - in 1975, I think.   The bathhouse was kind of a small dumpy one.   It was in the gayborhood -  I don't remember the street - very close to a disco.  I remember that the music in discos was unfamiliar -  I asked a buddy I was with if it was Canadian disco music or off-brand American music - he said he didn't think it was Canadian.   That was a fun trip - I went to Seattle, Vancouver, San Francisco and LA.

10 hours ago, mike carey said:

Well, if you must treat Toronto as if you were still in California, things may not turn out well!

I grew up in that part of the country.  I remember the winters very well.  We lived in a small town in western New York and we had relatives all over the region.  I remember driving on little secondary roads to visit them in the middle of winter.  Sometimes you couldn't see over the snow banks from inside the car.

42 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

I grew up in that part of the country.  I remember the winters very well.  We lived in a small town in western New York and we had relatives all over the region.  I remember driving on little secondary roads to visit them in the middle of winter.  Sometimes you couldn't see over the snow banks from inside the car.

Canadian-Game-Show