Memories Light the Corners of My Mind

Ganymede255

As I enter a new decade of my life, I'm looking back increasingly to the memorable times I've had pursuing our mutual interests.  I wonder how many others here are doing the same.

My own taste runs to ephebes, and the most memorable was a fellow whose company I enjoyed in the 2006=2009 period and about whom I reminisced in this forum in 2013: "Has anyone of the twink lovers in New York kept up with the adorable Kai AKA Liam of Campus AKA Justin Taylor?  He moved out of New York about four years ago."   Although several of our club remembered him, none knew his current location.  All I have is a keepsake photo.  Ringo Starr captures my feelings well: "Every time I see your face, it reminds me of the places we used to go, but all I've got is a photograph, and I realize you're not coming back any more."  Sigh.....

Cute.thumb.jpg.7fc4020e1043e8201ee7b4441237a109.jpg

4 hours ago, Ganymede255 said:

My own taste runs to ephebes

Actual ephebes, or is that an euphemism for something else ?

There were several army ROTC guy in my fraternity in college who I had the hots for. Found out year later some of them fooled around with other guys. Missed the boat on that. I had no gaydar for bisexual guys back then.

Perhaps he means ephebe-ish, since the range is usually 15 to 19. Some younger guys can look like teens until they’re 30. 22 to 30 is the range I love.

Speaking of the early aughts, does anyone remember NYC-based blond Dylan? He used to travel to LA and Key West often. We became very close and would gossip on the phone often. Spent several overnights with him, once at my then-house in Laguna. He graduated from college in NY and went on to be an accountant. I wish I could have made it to his 21st birthday party at Lah-ti-Dah in Key West. That was right after our first meeting in Manhattan, where I traveled often for business. He once told me that I should stay in his UES apartment instead of my hotel, since I could enjoy sleeping on his Frette bed linens!

On 3/16/2023 at 9:48 AM, Pensant said:

Perhaps he means ephebe-ish, since the range is usually 15 to 19. Some younger guys can look like teens until they’re 30. 22 to 30 is the range I love.

When I speak of ephebes, I mean young men between 18 and 25 well illustrated in the forum on "Neighbours Sons" in these forums.  This is a broader definition than usual.  I probably should have said "twinks."