Detective Munch has passed over the rainbow bridge & purchased a farm

samhexum

Detective John Munch, who appeared as himself on a record 10 different TV shows, purchased a farm early Sunday at his home in the South of France, his pal and writer Bill Scheft told The Hollywood Reporter.

“He had lots of health issues, and his last words were, ‘F–k you, motherf–er,’” Scheft said.

His former partner, Fin Tutuola, just talked about him the other night.  He appeared on

Homicide

SVU

Law & Order

The X-Files

The Beat

The Wire

30 Rock

Arrested Development

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Law & Order: Trial By Jury (the Bebe Neuwirth spin-off that bombed... it had Jerry Orbach's last 2 appearances as Lenny... he was supposed to have a lighter load on the show, but died)

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

47 minutes ago, BtmBearDad said:

He had no biological children, only two stepdaughters from his third wife. Not that it matters, but he was still married to her at his death, so the third wife probably inherits. 

Very early this morning I saw a report that he died, and I almost posted it in the Lounge.  But I checked around and saw other stories stating it was a hoax.  Sorry to see that it now looks to be true.

In addition to the relations mentioned, he is also survived by his cousin - actor Henry Winkler.

3 hours ago, samhexum said:

Detective John Munch, who appeared as himself on a record 10 different TV shows

3 hours ago, samhexum said:

His former partner, Fin Tutuola, just talked about him the other night

Seems disrespectful of the OP @samhexum to speak of someone’s fictional character as passing away.  Then quoting yet another fictional character to comment? Odd sarcasm, I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

The name Richard Belzer has not even been mentioned in the thread! RIP my friend…I’m sure your life’s accomplishments go far beyond your fictional character.

On 2/19/2023 at 5:38 PM, MikeBiDude said:

Seems disrespectful of the OP @samhexum to speak of someone’s fictional character as passing away.  Then quoting yet another fictional character to comment? Odd sarcasm, I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

The name Richard Belzer has not even been mentioned in the thread! RIP my friend…I’m sure your life’s accomplishments go far beyond your fictional character.

I would have thought the  OP had an obligation to identify him as Richard Belzer and he died, not "bought a farm," while is usually a military term