Table required?

Snbrd

I am no purist regarding massages. I'm open to everything from mutual touching to full on sex. But I also think the art of massage requires a table. Do providers and/or clients agree? A mattress is just too pliable for firm strokes. 

A local ad caught my eye and I asked if he used a table. He replied no and I haven't proceeded.

Put me in the “table required” column. I despise getting a massage on a bed and have never been comfortable on the rare occasion that happened. Now, if the provider doesn’t have a table, it’s a no-go. 

21 hours ago, Bluefin said:

A bed is less comfortable but on the plus side makes MT easier

I don’t agree with this. In fact, I find a table MUCH easier for MT. Think of it this way, if the masseur is using a table, it’s usually waist high to him, right where my hands are. If I’m on a bed, they usually are kneeling or straddling which would mean I would have to reach up to “find what I’m looking for” lol. It’s also not as ‘organic’ or comfortable if I’m reaching up. JMHO. 

I prefer a table. In my experience, those who don’t have one, typically want more play than massage. If that’s what I’m in the mood for, I’ll still book. But, if I need therapeutic as a primary focal point, I just opt out and store their info for another time where a bed massage would meet my needs. 

Table is much better for a good massage. If I see clients on out calls I take my table. Most hotels have no issues about me walking in with the table but sometimes the client’s room is too small to fit the table in and move around it. I offer the client the choice if they want a massage on the bed or table. Bed is a different kind of experience, and I adapt the massage to suit the bed. 

30 minutes ago, LACoaster said:

I thought I was a table purist, but recently booked a same day massage with someone who didn't have it and it was actually pretty good.

It all depends on the type of massage.

Swedish massage is light enough that a table isn't necessary... But any therapeutic style (sports or Thai)  requires a firm surface underneath the client for the pressure to get into the musculature and not just push his body into the mattress .

Edited by pubic_assistance

8 hours ago, Jamie21 said:

Table is much better for a good massage. If I see clients on out calls I take my table. Most hotels have no issues about me walking in with the table but sometimes the client’s room is too small to fit the table in and move around it. I offer the client the choice if they want a massage on the bed or table. Bed is a different kind of experience, and I adapt the massage to suit the bed. 

That's what makes you are so special, Jamie. 😉