Ronzoni says Basta! about this pasta!

samhexum

This macaroni move is giving Italian-American comfort food fans some serious agita. 

Pastina, the tiny, star-shaped pasta boiled for soup or prepared with butter and heaps of Parmesan cheese, could be in danger of becoming extinct after US-based brand Ronzoni announced Tuesday it would cease production of the product.

The shocking communiqué had carb lovers begging the brand to reconsider — and prompted online petitions, hoarding and price-gouging, with bids for a box starting at $20 on eBay.

“After extensive efforts, we regretfully announce that Ronzoni Pastina is being discontinued,” the brand posted on Instagram, citing supply-chain issues. 

“Unfortunately, our long-term supplier informed us that they would no longer be making Ronzoni Pastina as of January 2023,” the brand continued. “We searched extensively for an alternative solution, but were unable to identify a viable option to make Pastina in the same beloved small shape, size and standards you have come to expect.” 

While other brands make pastina, Ronzoni is a household name for many fans, who expressed their devastation on social media. 

When I was a young'n this was a staple in our home, but I think I bought it once as an adult.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh Fa! Pastina was a every week thing in my house. Back in the day Ronzoni was the King 👑 of Macaroni. Once the big guys bought them out it changed. On Sundays the Italian radio station in NY WHOM was sponsored by Ronzoni from 12-12:30. Grandma making the sauce. How I wish to go back for a couple of hours. 

IMG_20230415_173244~3.jpg