(Female) provider giving sex ed in schools

Wolfer

In Belgium! I just read an article (in a paper in Dutch) that apparently there's a female sex worker in Flanders that has been getting a lot of buzz because she was answering questions about sex on Tiktok. She was getting a lot of questions from teenagers. 

Eventually schools started asking her to come and give workshops!! I'm actually so happy about this. Her style is incredibly unapologetic and open and honest. I think it's absolutely amazing that schools are contacting her. Just wanted to share this bit of good news. 

Not sure why this is "good news" ?

Although I'm a sex positive person I seriously don't want my kids learning about sex from someone who generally  deals in helping people who DON'T have relationships.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I still believe sex education for teenagers needs to be paired with relationship advice. Too many emotions flying around for teens to be assuming that no-strings hook ups are the norm.

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

Not sure why this is "good news" ?

Although I'm a sex positive person I seriously don't want my kids learning about sex from someone who generally  deals in helping people who DON'T have relationships.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I still believe sex education for teenagers needs to be paired with relationship advice. Too many emotions flying around for teens to be assuming that no-strings hook ups are the norm.

Wow! You presume that this very popular sex ed teacher has no experience with relationships!

2 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I was being facetious.

But I still think a more qualified educator should be teaching teenagers about sex. Not a person who is just good at it.

And you sex positiveness leads you to assume that a prostitute cannot be? Even when schools are hiring her?

Look, I understand you do not want a whore in front of a classroom. Just do not call yourself sex positive.

Edited by José Soplanucas

8 minutes ago, José Soplanucas said:

And you sex positiveness leads you to assume that a prostitute cannot be? Even when schools are hiring her?

Look, I understand you do not want a whore in front of a classroom. Just do not call yourself sex positive.

Having a positive attitude about sexuality is about adults.

I think children need someone who is educated to be an educator.

I'm sure a sex worker deals with a lot of different types of people and has good instincts. That doesn't make them capable of educating children.

Just because you're good in the kitchen it doesn't mean you can teach at a culinary school.

2 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Having a positive attitude about sexuality is about adults.

I think children need someone who is educated to be an educator.

I'm sure a sex worker deals with a lot of different types of people and has good instincts. That doesn't make them capable of educating children.

Just because you're good in the kitchen it doesn't mean you can teach at a culinary school.

And you think that your judgement is better than the professional educators that are hiring this sex worker.

Again, your opinion is quite mainstream. You are not sex positive. 

6 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Did I say it was ?
I shared an opinion. That's all.

I don't want a person off the street teaching my children anything, including sex.

I prefer a person trained as a high school educator be their educator.

Again...my opinion.

Sure, Mr. sex positive.

And let me be clear, because I bet your "sex positive" prejudices are clouding your sex positive mindset.

I do not say that you are not SP because you oppose a prostitute to teach. I say it because your anti sex prejudices lead you to assume that this woman is not capable even when trained educators are bringing her to their schools.

Just my opinion.

Edited by José Soplanucas