And the verdict is in......

BOZO T CLOWN

This is an update on the brutal stabbing of a gay man by a bodybuilder.

Unfortunately, the thread is old, and new content cannot be added.

A NYC promoter hired Geoffrey Tracy, a California bodybuilder, to dance at his strip club. He flew him into NYC and arranged for him to stay at the Hells Kitchen apartment of one of his employees, Gregory Kanczes. There was an early morning dispute on August 14, 2018, and Tracy ended up stabbing Kanczes 16 times.

The jury delivered its verdict today. 

NOT GUILTY on the top charge of attempted murder in the second degree.
But.....

Guilty on the  other charges: Attempted Assault in the second degree and Assault in the First degree.
The guilty verdicts carry a minimum of five years imprisonment.

Bail was revoked, and Tracy was led out of the courtroom in handcuffs.

Considering this was a NYC jury, AND Alvin Bragg is the Manhattan DA< this is probably as good as can be hoped for.

Bozo

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

• + BOZO T CLOWN changed the title to And the verdict is in......
On 12/15/2022 at 5:07 PM, BOZO T CLOWN said:

But.....

Guilty on the  other charges: Attempted Assault in the second degree and Assault in the First degree.

I mean...Kanczes admitted to molesting him in his sleep.....so although stabbing him may be an extreme response he did have reason to feel threatened and raped... Roid-rage is real.

57 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I mean...Kanczes admitted to molesting him in his sleep.....so although stabbing him may be an extreme response he did have reason to feel threatened and raped... Roid-rage is real.

admitted to molesting him before he was murdered? or per the defendant his version was that he molested him? how would anyone know he provoked him in any way?

21 minutes ago, JayinHKNYC said:

admitted to molesting him

He was admitted to the hospital with knife wounds. He wasnt "stabbed to death". Gave a statement to police detectives about the incident. I remember the case because I found it so weird that the victim seemed clueless as to why someone would react violently after being sexually molested. He may have died later, I'm not sure.

Edited by pubic_assistance
grammar

15 hours ago, guru68 said:

Geebus that's just scary. I wonder if they trotted out the "gay panic" thing during the trial.

No, they didn't. And if they tried, I doubt it would have been allowed. The presiding Judge, Curtis Farber, is the President of NY Association of Lesbian and Gay Judges.

Bozo attended almost every day of the trial. Geoffrey Tracy, the defendant, was given every possible break, including being free on bail for the more than 4 years since the incident. The Judge also ruled that the the Prosecution would not be allowed to bring up the defendant's history of steroid use. 

Bozo

• 4 weeks later...

Today Geoffrey Tracy was sentenced to 8 years in state prison for the brutal stabbing of Gregory Kanczes:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/10/fitness-model-sentenced-to-eight-years-for-roommate-stabbing/

Hard to fathom why the NY Post totally ignored the gay angle in this story.
Geoffrey Tracy, a 25-year old California bodybuilder was hired by a NY club promoter to dance at gay strip clubs in NYC. Tracy brutally stabbed Gregory Kanczes, the gay man he was staying with, 16 times in his neck and back.
Kanczes was rushed to Bellevue Hospital, had a severe loss of blood, and was lucky to have survived the assault by the man half his age. Tracy claimed that Kanczes was making moves on him.

Anyone wishing to send a message to Mr. Tracy can leave a comment on his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/people/Geoff-Tracy/100067931101725/

I'm sure Tracy's muscular, waxed glutes will attract plenty of attention from his prison cellmates.
Some free advice, Geoff: Don't drop the soap in the shower.

BoZo

On 12/15/2022 at 2:07 PM, BOZO T CLOWN said:

This is an update on the brutal stabbing of a gay man by a bodybuilder.

Unfortunately, the thread is old, and new content cannot be added.

A NYC promoter hired Geoffrey Tracy, a California bodybuilder, to dance at his strip club. He flew him into NYC and arranged for him to stay at the Hells Kitchen apartment of one of his employees, Gregory Kanczes. There was an early morning dispute on August 14, 2018, and Tracy ended up stabbing Kanczes 16 times.

The jury delivered its verdict today. 

But.....

The guilty verdicts carry a minimum of five years imprisonment.

Bail was revoked, and Tracy was led out of the courtroom in handcuffs.

Considering this was a NYC jury, AND Alvin Bragg is the Manhattan DA< this is probably as good as can be hoped for.

Bozo

Why is this commentary in the Deli section?

5 minutes ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

The original thread, when the incident occurred in 2018, was posted by @samhexum in the Deli section. So it only makes sense to post the follow-up trial, conviction, and sentencing news in the same section.

BoZo

It's a new thread regardless. You could've linked to the old thread as you did and made the updated comments where appropriate.