NYC Unicorn: Gorgeous and Certified? JayFit newbie

dutchal

4 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

My doubts revolve around his claim he does "sports therapy," but he's primarily focused on "Swedish".

Two very different types of massage and anyone focused on Swedish isn't a therapist.

Did you mean "isn't a sports therapist"? 

If you don't think that Swedish massage is therapy of any kind, you're in a very small minority.

Here's just one example description: 

Best known for soothing tight muscles and boosting well-being, Swedish massage also offers a whole host of other health benefits, including:

• easing muscular strain by flushing out toxins
  • improving blood circulation and blood flow throughout the body
  • helping to keep ligaments and tendons supple and improving range of motion
  • reducing emotional and physical stress
  • easing back pain and chronic pain
Edited by Marc in Calif

56 minutes ago, Isik1476 said:

Booked him last night. Incredibly hot, looks just like his pictures, the body's insane. But the massage was just average — I wouldn't recommend if you're looking for something legit and therapeutic. Very much geared toward a sensual experience (MT/HE), albeit with limited extras.

😭

On 12/19/2022 at 3:17 PM, Isik1476 said:

Booked him last night. Incredibly hot, looks just like his pictures, the body's insane. But the massage was just average — I wouldn't recommend if you're looking for something legit and therapeutic. Very much geared toward a sensual experience (MT/HE), albeit with limited extras.

Thanks for sharing this. 

• 3 months later...

Swedish massage is the essential base for any massage using oil or cream to manipulate muscle tissue and generate circulation. Deep tissue massage is a more targeted form of Swedish massage. Sports Massage is a form of a Swedish Massage.

The Swedish Institute of Massage in NYC is one of the most respected schools for massage in the country.

So yes, Swedish Massage is therapy.

My comments were about JayFit.

Sports Therapy massage, gets deep into the muscle tissue and ligaments and opens up tension and knots that form after rigorous exercise. I was an athlete in high school and college and have been doing Muay Thai kickboxing for 20 years. So this sort of therapy is important for me.

Swedish Massage by definition is the manipulation of the UPPER tissues to create a pleasurable experience.

So, his advertisement claiming that his therapeutic style is primarily Swedish seems to be a contradiction and leads me to believe he's not trained as an actual massage therapist.

I'm sure, given his looks most of you don't care . 😜

Edited by pubic_assistance

1 hour ago, JayinHKNYC said:

How ignorant.

You obviously aren't understanding my point.

Anyway. Not important that you do.

My opinion stands. If you're providing Swedish massage, you're not providing anymore than a feel good moment. No therapeutic technique is included.

Nothing ridiculous in my opinion. It's an observation made from many years and many providers.

9 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

My opinion stands. If you're providing Swedish massage, you're not providing anymore than a feel good moment. No therapeutic technique is included.

Nothing ridiculous in my opinion. It's an observation made from many years and many providers.

The people at the Swedish Institute will be stunned to learned they're not teaching massage. 🤣

43 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

"not providing anymore than a feel good moment" - totally untrue - sorry you haven't had a good Swedish massage before

14 minutes ago, cbnyc said:

Mr. Public Assistance is clearly arrogant and ignorant about massage terminology. I've been a LMT for 30 years and I'm a graduate of the Swedish Institute of Massage. I know of what I speak.

Nonetheless- Cheers to a great massage however you choose to qualify it.

Please read the name again. There's absolutely nothing in that name that serves the public good in any way. 😇