Kirstie Alley has died

CuriousByNature

1 hour ago, caliguy said:

She definitely had certain views I could never support - socially, politically and even spiritually - but ultimately she was a flawed human being like the rest of us.  So I'm trying my best to remember the laughter she brought on screen, and hoping she did not suffer greatly in her illness.  71 isn't that old anymore.

I got my hair cut today, and the guy at Great Clips who cut my hair also remarked on her death. I said "I heard on the radio that she had only a brief battle with colon cancer, which means that she didn't get any colon cancer screening. I wonder why someone with her means didn't get screened." The man said "Do you think the fact that she was a Scientologist had something to do with it?", and I immediately understood the problem. As a medical resident at UCLA, I spent part of my training at Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, which is near a "Church" of Scientology. Those parents who were Scientology believers were most often hostile to medical science, and were really a pain in the ass to deal with. Sometimes we had to get the courts involved. 

Well, one could say that she lived and died by her beliefs. I'm sure the Scientologists got plenty of $$$$ from her... 😢

This could be a good time to encourage colon cancer screening, the most effective cancer screening now available to us.