Revival of the Musical "Camelot" now Set For April 13, 2023

WilliamM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/8/2023 at 8:34 AM, kyleham said:

I can't wait to see this only because Jordan Donica is playing Camelot. This guy has an amazing voice.

Well, he'll be in Camelot. But he'll play the role of Lancelot.

"In 2019, he starred as Sir Lancelot in Lincoln Center Theater's gala production of Camelot opposite Lin Manuel Miranda."

Edited by Marc in Calif

I saw the original production in 1960. I’d never heard of the cast. Richard Burton, Julie Andrews and Robert Goulet. What I remember most was when the scenery changed from the castle to the forest scene right before your eyes and Morgan le Fay flew in on wires and the audience gasped. It was breathtaking. 

• 2 months later...

Saw this a few days ago.  Still in previews, but it's getting there.

Sorkin's new dialogue was snappy and fit the show.  All instances of magic have been taken out.  

They still have some Lancelot chemistry issues to work on, as well as general chemistry between Guinevere and Arthur, but you can see it's almost right.  They have a couple more weeks to iron it out.

The singing was beautiful and not overly amplified, as per usual at Viv Beaumont. 

Simple, but effective set.  Run time is at about 3:20 right now.  Bring your own catheter. 

• 1 month later...

I saw the original production of Camelot in 1960 when I was a mere infant. I’d never heard of most of the cast. I think tickets were less than $10 which seemed like a lot then. 
Today I saw the revival at Lincoln Center. Despite mixed reviews and knowing there had been a lot of changes in the book, I just wanted to relive the score with a full orchestra and good singers. 
Jordan Donica singing “If Ever I Should Leave You” gave me goosebumps. The singing equivalent of Richard Burton speaking. 
The staging I thought was simple and quite stunning. Again, very different from the old production. 
I loved the show and would certainly recommend it. 

1D9EFF9E-5F4D-444D-B803-1DAA6374D416.jpeg

7F030A4C-5CC1-4595-BE06-92633AB8D279.jpeg

23A83D7F-F437-49B6-A7DE-F3E5B5034771.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

We may be seeing it on the 1st if we can get discount tickets. I remember that when my best friend and I used to sit in Business/First and watch the Trail of Tears, we'd sing this duet... 😄🎵

• 4 weeks later...

And it's the second show to announce it's early closing post-Tony Awards. Hurry and get your tickets before it's gone. Last show is July 23 (it was originally scheduled to run through September 3, with an interest in extending if ticket sales were there).