YMMV and the thrill … is waning

TennisPro35

Not sure if this is best in “The Lounge” or here, since its mainly the masseurs.

I’ve only discovered the world of RentMasseur in the past few years and the thrill of not knowing how far a massage or even how good of a massage it will be … the thrill of the “hunt” for me is waning. 

You get your rub and tugs, oiling you like it’s a bodybuilding competition and limits on you (but public and dm’ed reviews from other forum members say otherwise). I’m not complaining (that much), just venting (?).  I’m average…not that young nor that old, not ugly nor movie star material, some meat on my bones that probably could use some gym time but with good to great hygiene. It’s a service, paid with hard-earned cash, but the takeaways are so random.   I won’t be a hypocrite and say i’ve only gotten bad massages and basic extras - i think more than half of my RMasseur hires were the wonderful and legit massages with all the after-massage activities expected …… and much more (as compared to what a few forum members and I have shared regarding a masseur or two that we’ve seen).

I might just need to take a short break from this hobby.  Or maybe a feeling of entitlement (?) that “cash = massage” equals should be applied to all.  

I’m just curious on what others’ take on this. Just keep truckin’ and it’s the thrill of the unknown? 

(There is also a sense of delusional infatuation with one or two masseurs for me but i’ve read well-established helpful forum posts about this topic. Thank you, search function)

(if i don’t make sense, my apologies)

Thank you and I love your honesty.  Greatly appreciated.  I share your frustration with the inconsistency while at the same time agreeing that there have been many excellent experiences along the way as well.  Something like massage that has so many forms and varieties and is so personal and involves touch and varied physical reactions even to that is bound to be a frustrating experience at some point. This forum is a marvel at helping to pair down significantly those experiences and hires that are likely to be disappointing. In my journey, I’ve run across those few who consistently give me a great value for the money.  I tend to stick with those and experiment less with the YMMV type.  The thrill of the unknown is getting more expensive and not as worth it.  

Thank you for those words, @Kody S.

I may need to just take a short break. For sure there are wonderful massage experiences left in me hahaha.  I have a number of forum friends who have recommended New Masseur A and New Masseur B, etc. - I have a short list.  

The frustration lies in — there’s a similar post here in the forums — where they advertise therapeutic but it’s all erotic/sensual with zero  massage satisfaction.   It’s always a gamble with the new masseurs but I do tend to look at what they advertise (therapeutic / erotic / sensual) in the website. Been on the other side and purposely looked at the erotic/sensual ads as well. 

There are a handful that are my regulars but I may to trim it down and subtract one (his massage and overall fun <to me> is lessening since he is very much extremely active and well-booked)(stuff we did before are now off the table, pun intended … nothing extreme, if questions arise).

C’est la vie.  

I've been doing this a little longer than you, and I definitely feel like seeing random new guys can be frustrating. So I've been tending to stick with a couple of regulars, whom I always enjoy. I know what I'm getting as do they. And, importantly, I genuinely like them as people. For me, that means if one of us is having an "off day", it's so much more forgivable because we enjoy each other's company. 

And as providers - particularly the young, beautiful and nearly always inexperienced - want to charge $350 for a massage, my regulars have kept their rates the same. So I always tip them in appreciation. 

I do sometimes enjoy the thrill of a new person, but I tend to save that for when I'm traveling or if none of my "go-to" guys are available. 

4 hours ago, KensingtonHomo said:

I've been doing this a little longer than you, and I definitely feel like seeing random new guys can be frustrating. So I've been tending to stick with a couple of regulars, whom I always enjoy. I know what I'm getting as do they. And, importantly, I genuinely like them as people. For me, that means if one of us is having an "off day", it's so much more forgivable because we enjoy each other's company. 

And as providers - particularly the young, beautiful and nearly always inexperienced - want to charge $350 for a massage, my regulars have kept their rates the same. So I always tip them in appreciation. 

I do sometimes enjoy the thrill of a new person, but I tend to save that for when I'm traveling or if none of my "go-to" guys are available. 

Exactly!

I feel this way sometimes too. For me it’s hard to see regulars only because I particularly enjoy the “will he go there or not” feeling of seeing a new masseur. I tend to prefer masseurs with great therapeutic skill, and it’s always great when it ventures into extras and more, but then I’m less excited to see them once I know it’s a guarantee. That leads me to trying out new faces more frequently than I’d like to, and many more lackluster massages than I’d want. I guess the key is finding a good balance between seeing your regulars, seeing new faces and taking breaks from massage to keep that excitement up.