Traveling to Seattle...any tips?

cougar

Gentlemen, I will be traveling to Seattle for the first time ever in a few weeks. I am trying to plan my trip accordingly as I will be there for six days. I purchased the travel book for Seattle from DK Eyewitness and it is loaded. So...anyone know that one special thing(s) that one should never miss while visiting Seattle? I will be staying in the center of downtown so I hope to be able to explore in all directions.

no Seattle expert here, but we took the ferry from downtown Seattle to Bremerton once several years ago and I was impressed with the spectacular downtown skyline view from the rear of the ferry as we pulled away.......toward the end of the crossing, the narrow channel as we approached Bremerton was very pretty......of course, this was in June, a very nice time of year there......

I also remember an "underground Seattle" tour being somewhat unique.....the story of why is interesting......a bit touristy, though.....

the DK Eyewitness series of travel guides is very good.....

others will certainly chime in....spectacularly situated city

In no particular order, here are some fun things I've enjoyed when visiting Seattle:

• Pike Place Market - great food to sample via food tours or at visiting some great restaurants, including..
  • The Pink Door - really good Italian food, a fun trapeze show. Book in advance.
  • Alki Beach in West Seattle
  • Seattle Art Museum
  • Sky Observatory - Colombia Tower or the Smith Tower - Observatory Level
  • Frye Art Museum
  • Seattle Japanese Garden
Edited by curiousbynature12

On 9/14/2022 at 3:45 PM, cougar said:

Gentlemen, I will be traveling to Seattle for the first time ever in a few weeks. I am trying to plan my trip accordingly as I will be there for six days. I purchased the travel book for Seattle from DK Eyewitness and it is loaded. So...anyone know that one special thing(s) that one should never miss while visiting Seattle? I will be staying in the center of downtown so I hope to be able to explore in all directions.

My husband and I went canoeing on Lake Washington - very pleasant way to spend the afternoon.

You will doubtless want to go to the Pike St.  Market.

I was there on business a year ago and stayed in Renton.  I was surprised at how busy and developed that area had become. 

Restaurant-wise - check out Violet on 12th Ave.  An old friend owns it. 

Edited by Rudynate