Canyon Club No More?

purplekow

It seems that the Canyon Club has closed down.  So those planning on attending the Palm Springs Get Together, assuming it is going to happen in April, might want to consider other accommodations.  I stayed there several times but the last time was going to be the last time even if it stayed open.  It had gone from sexy to shady to sleazy to seedy and while that was the kind of place I was looking for during my stay in PS, it was clear that even my meager standards were not going to be met there any longer.  

Anyone sad to see it go?

SO MANY good times there! It was sad to watch it's decline. I was there a few weeks before it closed & you could "feel" something in the air, almost like it was running itself. 

Hopefully the family will sell to someone who will refurbish it & above all, keep it gay.

Inndulge is, at least, two or three times the price of the Canyon Club and is probably ten times nicer than the Canyon Club ever was. There are some less expensive venues but they are located further from central Palm Springs. If you look back on some of my previous Palm Springs Weekend posts you will find that I listed a number of them.

17 hours ago, Epigonos said:

Inndulge is, at least, two or three times the price of the Canyon Club and is probably ten times nicer than the Canyon Club ever was. There are some less expensive venues but they are located further from central Palm Springs. If you look back on some of my previous Palm Springs Weekend posts you will find that I listed a number of them.

Just recently stayed at https://www.elmirasol.com/ dont be fooled by the old website. Its fairly priced with a great layout. Also on warm sands too! 

That's very sad. That's where I stayed during my one Palm Springs visit and I quite liked it. Yeah it wasn't luxurious but I thought my room was nice enough. The pool and hot tub were always clean. And best of all the other guys there were very nice. It was a bit older, bearish gentlemen who were very nice and always wanting to have fun. I compare that to some other gay establishments I've been to where if you're over-30 and sans-six pack, you basically were not welcome.

I'm glad I got to stay there once at least. 

I stayed at Canyon Club the very first year I attended the Palm Springs April Weekend. When I checked in, they made me an offer to upgrade to a nicer room next to the back door to the parking lot. I really liked that room a lot - lots of light, a great little kitchen, and a spacious bathroom with walk-in shower. I didn't realize until later that weekend that not all the rooms were as well-kept as that one. And of course that was years ago and I've been staying at Inndulge ever since. (Far better coffee in the mornings, among other things.) But yeah, the best part of Canyon Club back then was the people. I'll always have fond memories of meeting so many forum members there for the very first time. 

I'd never stayed at Canyon Club, but had lots of fun there. Agree it was a very friendly place and not pretentious.

I've stayed at a bunch of other places, and all are fancier and with that can bring some attitude. It's a mixed bag... the fancier places have much nicer facilities, but it comes with a price. As has been mentioned Inndulge has some of the fun qualities of Canyon Club, but is quite a bit more expensive. Years ago I also stayed at El Mirasol and also liked it.

7 hours ago, nate_sf said:

I'd never stayed at Canyon Club, but had lots of fun there. Agree it was a very friendly place and not pretentious.

I've stayed at a bunch of other places, and all are fancier and with that can bring some attitude. It's a mixed bag... the fancier places have much nicer facilities, but it comes with a price. As has been mentioned Inndulge has some of the fun qualities of Canyon Club, but is quite a bit more expensive. Years ago I also stayed at El Mirasol and also liked it.

Have the rooms at El Mirasol been renovated at all?  I stayed there atleast 10 years ago and it felt dated back then. The website room photos still look the same as if it were 1995.