Saturday nights…

What vibe does this night evoke for you?

Saturday nights for me are usually my “off night” simply because it’s the least night of the week to expect a client. I find it can either be a good day for fun/out on the town: or it can be kinda boring. I just have immediate family locally in 1 city, but if I’m not visiting a city where I have connects already, it can be hit or miss.

This was the case for me the past couple weekends. The prior Saturday I found something to get into, however this past Saturday I couldn’t find anything going. I had more than a couple people string me along all afternoon and into the evening, leaving me with possibilities but no set plans. I decided to just go out solo for a bit, but I was already feeling stood up, so being at a venue where everybody was already with others just wasn’t giving me what I was looking for. Within an hour, I just called it a night.

It can be hard to find plans on Saturdays. Most clients/new flings usually have plans already. And it can be a waste trying to connect with “new” guys if wanting anything more than a hookup. I can spend a whole day trying to meet off an app, before I realize I will have better luck just going somewhere instead.

One thing I can’t (but can) understand: is the hesitation among the gay scene to be seen out with somebody new. I spent my whole Saturday hearing about what “they” planned to do, but nothing that included “and you can come too”. It’s like, why do gay guys bother giving play by play details on what they’re doing, if not inviting. If they can’t meet, or it would make the interaction awkward, just convey it. Beating around the bush just makes the person look sketchy and unreliable.

With that being said, I normally love Saturdays but it can also be one of the hardest nights if without plans visiting a city (hell, many times even in a local city) Every so often I’ll get a client on those days, but depends a lot on the city. Touristy or high traffic cities are usually good on Saturdays (I met a stylist in Chicago last year, on a late Saturday night), but small and medium sized markets (sizable cities, but have relatively closed in gay scenes: San Antonio, Milwaukee, St. Louis come to mind) can be a mission. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

Interesting, I often try hiring on Saturdays (weekday evenings I have to work) and find it also pretty hard to find guys available. Just this last week, I had something set-up and then he cancelled on me last minute right before I was going to shower. I ended up scrambling and contacting like several other guys and finally found one available last minute.

Maybe a lot of guys have their own stuff going on Saturday nights and are not available, but yeah it's interesting that it's hard on both sides I guess.

🔝 I try to be in booking mode on some Saturday nights. It can sometimes just be a good day to post up in a hotel, but it’s usually always after 8-9 o’clock if a client hasn’t booked by then…might as well pop a movie or go out. 

One misconception there seems to be is, that few would date a provider. But in reality, many of the guys out here posting ads are in relationships. I met one just the other day. I later seen an acquaintance’s BF has a pro ad on Adam. I was like, are you F-ing serious lol. 😂 So I can imagine that can play a part in the last minute cancel/difficulty rebooking. 

Hey I thought Saturdays were my off nights too. It wasn't like that a few years ago. I know my clients pretty well too and I doubt most are social and spending time with friends lol

You just roll with it and keep your time open if anything comes up. What I hate is that I usually get an inquiry after 10 or 11 o'clock, and by those times I mentally check out and dgaf.

On 8/16/2022 at 8:50 AM, Jarrod_Uncut said:

🔝

One misconception there seems to be is, that few would date a provider. But in reality, many of the guys out here posting ads are in relationships. I met one just the other day. I later seen an acquaintance’s BF has a pro ad on Adam. I was like, are you F-ing serious lol. 😂 So I can imagine that can play a part in the last minute cancel/difficulty rebooking. 

Yeah there's more than enough men that will seriously date us but at the same time, I've never encountered in person nor online, a monogamous gay couple, and the majority of my clients are partnered in some way to another man.  I joke that I can't wait to become committed to someone who's just going to cheat on me with someone else that looks just like me. The partners and exes of my clients tend to look just like me, and even the boys they adopted, which is weird and perhaps not worth mentioning.

We still have to deal with the stigma of being dirtier and riskier than guys you'd meet and date from grindr even though we have much smaller notch counts and tend to be cleaner and more careful.

Edited by Vulgarii

57 minutes ago, Vulgarii said:

Yeah there's more than enough men that will seriously date us but at the same I've never encountered in person nor online, a monogamous gay couple, and the majority of my clients are partnered in some way to another man.  I joke that I cant wait to become committed to someone who's just going to cheat on my with someone else that looks just like me. The partners and exes of my clients tend to look just like me, and even the boys they adopted, which is weird and perhaps not worth mentioning.

We still have to deal with the stigma of being dirty and riskier than guys you'd meet and date in grindr even though we have much smaller notch counts and tend to be cleaner and more careful.

Exactly. I actually cut a friend off because of that last paragraph. 

It gets on my last nerve when someone thinks of us as being risky, yet in any city you have guys on apps looking like 24/7 drive thru h**kers, “trading nudes”, and meeting a new guy everyday or multiple times a day.

Anybody I meet from an app nowadays, has to be open to meeting on a date level basis. I don’t do hookups unless it’s paid or I’m just in a small town and feeling horny in a hotel and that’s the only way to find lol. 

7 hours ago, Jarrod_Uncut said:

It gets on my last nerve when someone thinks of us as being risky, yet in any city you have guys on apps looking like 24/7 drive thru h**kers, “trading nudes”, and meeting a new guy everyday or multiple times a day.

I agree. I’m very careful about my sexual health. I test regularly and am aware of all risks and signs. It’s guys who don’t work as a sex worker who I find to be more ignorant about these things, and therefore more risky. Some of them play around but never get tested which is just being irresponsible. 

• 3 months later...

Saturday evening is quiet. Most of my clients are weekday daytime or Sunday. Everyone has other things to do Saturday night. Busiest days? Monday and Tuesday. Why? People had a bad weekend and want a treat to get them through the week. Plus daytime is ideal cover if you are seeing me on the quiet.