Edibles

CalTec

My baby sister has perfected chocolate chip cookie edibles... she swears by first infusing butter then reforming into sticks before improving an old family recipe...   I've never managed more than splitting the cookie into eighths...   it's guaranteed grandma's recipe will live on for another few generations and had added benefit of teaching my nephew to cook.

• 2 months later...

There is a facebook group called edibles 420 that has a lot of recipes that look good

There was a show on netflix called cooking on high that was a reality show where the contestants made food with pot.   The host was hot (Josh Levya) and worth watching it just for him.

I'd like to try making edibles since that's the only way I will induce weed but sounds like you have to make the butter and I don't want to stink up my condo and I only do 20 mg of edibles once every few weeks so really doesn't pay me to make my own.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 9:55 PM, handiacefailure said:

There is a facebook group called edibles 420 that has a lot of recipes that look good

There was a show on netflix called cooking on high that was a reality show where the contestants made food with pot.   The host was hot (Josh Levya) and worth watching it just for him.

I'd like to try making edibles since that's the only way I will induce weed but sounds like you have to make the butter and I don't want to stink up my condo and I only do 20 mg of edibles once every few weeks so really doesn't pay me to make my own.

You can buy small infusion machines like the LEVO line which don't give off any scent when infusing and might work well given that you consume small quantities.  

"Cooking on High" was alright, I like the "Cooked with Cannabis" a bit more due to the more complex cooking and end results.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/17/2022 at 8:50 AM, mature_guy said:

couldn't resist.....probably the most famous recipe for pot brownies:

https://lithub.com/here-it-is-alice-b-toklass-recipe-for-hash-brownies/

While in college (about 60 years ago) my roomies and I had a dinner with THC from beginning to end. Remember that it is far more soluble in fat than water (hence the beauty of butter) - started with butter-coated edamame, graduated to roasted chicken with "special" butter under the skin of the entire chicken, fresh green beans with butter and sliced almonds, sautéed potatoes (in what you may ask!), and dessert was gooey chocolate cake.  Then we all went off to see "Fantasia" and promptly had out minds blown!

10 minutes ago, Funguy said:

graduated to roasted chicken with "special" butter under the skin of the entire chicken, fresh green beans with butter and sliced almonds, sautéed potatoes (in what you may ask!), and dessert was gooey chocolate cake.  

Yeah... I, too, have fond memories of when KFC was selling roast chicken; it wasn't bad, but the sides and dessert were definitely the best part.

Cannabis is legal here in MA so I buy mine at the store, there is a brand I love (Southie Adams) - lovely energizing high, not sleepy, and not eating everything in the pantry 😛

They are gummies and come in a few flavors including blood orange, guava, and passion fruit.

image.png.73d260cb0c8ca5683ad7150f69871a9c.png

5 minutes ago, JEC said:

Cannabis is legal here in MA so I buy mine at the store, there is a brand I love (Southie Adams) - lovely energizing high, not sleepy, and not eating everything in the pantry 😛

They are gummies and come in a few flavors including blood orange, guava, and passion fruit.

image.png.73d260cb0c8ca5683ad7150f69871a9c.png

My favorite is Dr. Norm's -come in rice crispy bars, incl chocolate.

Also use CBD tinctures for pain and sleep.