Up your nose with a...

samhexum

I had the initial procedures today for 2 dental implants.  One broken tooth had to be extracted, and one that was extracted years ago had the initial part of the implant inserted.
The surgeon told me NO SMOKING for 2 weeks.  He told me how costly it could be if they fail.  I mentioned my pot smoking and he mentioned edibles and I told him my dealer is in the hospital and he suggested something I'd never heard before... 'smoke through your nose'.  I thought he was being facetious, but he said no... insert the joint into your nostril and inhale. (NOT the lit end!)
Guess what?  It works!

I don't quite understand why it's so important to smoke rather than take the edibles. Is it really that important for the effect to start 20 minutes sooner?

12 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I don't quite understand why it's so important to smoke rather than take the edibles. Is it really that important for the effect to start 20 minutes sooner?

The effect is different.  The edibles tend to have a sedative quality.  Some people do both at the same time.  A while ago, I went over to a guy's house for a sex date.  As soon as I walked in the door, he gave me an edible and then we smoked throughout out playtime.    Goodness, was I loaded.

12 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Edibles usually take 2 hours to hit me and even then don't last all that long.  The difference in price per high is enormous.  Though some weed stores have opened in NYC, it's still technically illegal for them to sell, and I don't know any that are near me.  With my dealer in the hospital, she didn't have a large supply on hand.  Her best friend is running 'the business' for right now and I was able to get a few yesterday, but they won't last long.

And I have such a high tolerance for THC that edibles sometimes don't even work for me.