What's Going on at Taboo?

jerryskater

For Montrealers and recent visitors. Saw this on Taboo's Instagram account.  What is the club turning into?  Are there still strippers?  What's the vibe like?  Is there a new owner?

I know opinions of Taboo vary greatly but it has always been one of my favorite spots.  Covid has kept me away for three years and I'd really like to know what it's like now.

Taboo Screen Shot.jpg

did have to look up "sapphic"......

sap·phic
/ˈsafik/

adjective
adjective: sapphic; adjective: Sapphic
  1. 1.
    relating to lesbians or lesbianism.
    "sapphic lovers"

2. 2.
    relating to Sappho, her poetry, or verse in a meter associated with her.

noun
plural noun: sapphics; plural noun: sapphic
  1. verse in a meter associated with Sappho.

I don’t go to Taboo but I note that all the strip clubs are currently open to all genders all nights. At one of the clubs recently there were two young teenage girls blathering loudly behind the stool I was sitting on, taking forever to navigate the ATM machine. But we live in an inclusive society and one must adjust. Clubs also must survive and recoup where possible. 

I also noticed that Taboo put out an online questionnaire two months ago, presumably to acquire broader community output about activities. I suspect the unusual theme night is in response to that and will likely only be episodic, like the Violet Hour readings occasionally at Stock. 

Edited by SirBillybob