It's college reunion time again

FreshFluff

8 hours ago, FreshFluff said:

I'm glad you got a chance to talk your favorite professor that he had made a difference in your life. I wanted to do the same with a middle school teacher. I contacted the school, who's representative tried without success to contact her. 

As for the professor who took advantage of you, I'm really sorry. 

I knew right away that a professor was "a bout to take advantage" of me and left!  Easy decision.

37 minutes ago, Phlmuscle said:

You're correct. Senior moment here.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:55 AM, Charlie said:

He actually said, "You can't go home again."

I read the novel of that title sixty years ago, but don't remember anything about the plot anymore. Maybe I should find a copy and read it again.

My college reunion is coming up soon.  

Being closeted in fly-over country was pretty common.  One guy has come out, but honestly, I don't know if traveling that far to see him or some of the other guys appeals to me.   

My best friend in the house will be there.  It would be nice to see him again.      

Maybe the weirdest part of going back is a pretty heavy bromance mixed with some sexual play I had with one guy for two years.    Even after college, we were dealing with it for a little while, though by then I no longer wanted anything  down-low like we'd been in college.  He'd hinted to me that he still did.  

Several years later I was offered a job on the west coast  while he was getting ready for his 2nd marriage.   I've been out here 20+ years with no contact.

I really never knew what was going on inside his head and still don't, such as why he was in touch, encouraging me to attend.   Perhaps he is just trying to remember the good times.  Can't fault him for that.    

spacer.png

Edited by OCClient

My affection for my college alma mater isn't deep enough to warrant attending a reunion.

The last high school reunion I attended was my 35th. (Yes, years ago.) Instead of the usual picture-sharing and 20 questions (i.e., what do you do, where do you live, etc.), I decided to ask people whom in the room had the most felonies. (I am not kidding about this.) Wouldn't everyone enjoy knowing that?   🙂

And....that experience satisfied my curiosity. Enough.

On 6/4/2022 at 11:30 AM, Charlie said:

I read the novel of that title sixty years ago, but don't remember anything about the plot anymore. Maybe I should find a copy and read it again.

Same here. English Literature class in my Junior year at Univ. of Pennsylvania. Why Thomas Wolfe has been on my brain all these years is beyond my understanding. Must have been on an unforgettable test.

33 minutes ago, Phlmuscle said:

Same here. English Literature class in my Junior year at Univ. of Pennsylvania. Why Thomas Wolfe has been on my brain all these years is beyond my understanding. Must have been on an unforgettable test.

I read it as a graduate student at U of P. The most unforgettable thing about it may have been the title.

On 6/6/2022 at 10:27 AM, Phlmuscle said:

I keep imagining my reunion as narrated by Tom Wolfe.

Edited by FreshFluff