Plaza Suite

kyleham

Plaza Suite with Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick is a total bust. For being married in life they had no chemistry on stage. Even though the play is dated, the performances were dreadful. The night I saw it most of the audience were "Sex and The City" fans. It seemed these girls have never been to the theater before and they acted like they were in a nightclub. The ushers were constantly coming through and telling these girls to put their masks up. It got so bad even the manager of the theater was assisting. It was very  disturbing when you're trying to watch a show and the ushers shining a flashlight for the girls sitting in the middle to put these mask on while the performance is going on. Lastly, the tickets were expensive so a total bust of an evening.

Sorry but not surprised. Matthew Broderick may have had talent when he was younger but the last times I saw him on stage he was a total zombie. How he gets work is beyond me. I can imagine SJP has a following. Unfortunately not the ones who know how to behave in a theater. This play was never on my list of things to see and your review confirmed that. 

Edited by foxy

Guest MikeThomas
On 4/3/2022 at 11:12 AM, kyleham said:

Plaza Suite with Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick is a total bust. For being married in life they had no chemistry on stage. Even though the play is dated, the performances were dreadful. The night I saw it most of the audience were "Sex and The City" fans. It seemed these girls have never been to the theater before and they acted like they were in a nightclub. The ushers were constantly coming through and telling these girls to put their masks up. It got so bad even the manager of the theater was assisting. It was very  disturbing when you're trying to watch a show and the ushers shining a flashlight for the girls sitting in the middle to put these mask on while the performance is going on. Lastly, the tickets were expensive so a total bust of an evening.

Annoying!  B&T. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah well. Neil Simon was a master of comedic writing for his day. This is a new day. 

Both SJP and MB each had success on Broadway, both beginning at a very young age. 

Matthew’s brand of detachment fit some parts, especially Ferris B. But his Harold Hill showed that detachment is not his brand, it’s just him. I couldn’t justify spending a dime on their current play, and I can justify spending money on tickets better than most. I hope the both of them stay well.