How often do you get massage?

RandyVue
This topic is 745 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

43 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Once a week. I am back to the gym after a long time social distancing, so my muscles are aching after every workout.

I am focused on providers of Thai-massage because that technique is the best for opening up muscle tension.

Any particular Thai massage therapists you'd recommend? Been interested in this type of massage for a while but haven't had any good lead yet.  Thanks! 

No matter how much/hard you workout, you don't need it more often than every other week. Massage is not there to compensate for your resistance to proper, regular, stretching.  

For years I saw my guy twice a month.  Lockdown drove him, his wife (a masseuse), and their kids  out east.  Permanently.  I have not found his equal. I likely will not find his equal.  He incorporates a spinal technique he and I learned at the same school, now closed; I've never found anyone else who does it right (even after very clear explanation and demonstration). 

I'm happy he can contribute to his family's well-being, again.  Damn him.

Edited by Rod Hagen

Guest Justin7402

used to do it once a week but my regular masseuse moved and haven't found anyone I like quite as much yet, still once a month or so

I feel like a rank amateur! There's a regular guy I see in town every 2 months or so. I then augment that with a couple of regular guys that visit town periodically--so averages out to about once a month or so.