Sex work fully legalized in belgium

Wolfer
This topic is 760 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As of this week, sex work has been fully legalized in Belgium. Which surprised me, because I thought it already was. It kind of was... It wasn't illegal to be or hire a sex worker, but everything around it was illegal: banks and accountants could not support sex workers in their business etc. That's all changed now, sex workers can now register as self-employed as a sex worker with full transparency and get all the same benefits. 

It's even legal now to hire sex workers as employees and have them work for you to see other clients. So kind of like a legal framework for pimping, but with full protection for the sex workers based on Belgian employment law. 

Apparently we are the first European country to do this (so the spokesperson claimed. Which confused me as I thought Germany and the Netherlands already had this. But legal nuances are sometimes hard to keep track of) 

I'm really happy! Not sure how many working boys will actually start to report their income though hahaha.

9 hours ago, Wolfer said:

As of this week, sex work has been fully legalized in Belgium. Which surprised me, because I thought it already was. It kind of was... It wasn't illegal to be or hire a sex worker, but everything around it was illegal: banks and accountants could not support sex workers in their business etc. That's all changed now, sex workers can now register as self-employed as a sex worker with full transparency and get all the same benefits. 

It's even legal now to hire sex workers as employees and have them work for you to see other clients. So kind of like a legal framework for pimping, but with full protection for the sex workers based on Belgian employment law. 

Apparently we are the first European country to do this (so the spokesperson claimed. Which confused me as I thought Germany and the Netherlands already had this. But legal nuances are sometimes hard to keep track of) 

I'm really happy! Not sure how many working boys will actually start to report their income though hahaha.

I’m all for it… my understanding is that even a foreigner can register~ (at least in other countries that recognize the profession). 
 Words of wisdom: Tax evasion is a crime. Tax avoidance is a skill~ 

Edited by Tygerscent

2 hours ago, JoeMendoza said:

maybe we'll see the increase of folks on RM on that location.

I think most guys here use planetromeo (now just called Romeo), well, the hunqz part of that site. It's better known here. I think they might get more clients through there. 

37 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

I've been to Belgium once but only focused on the museums, chocolate and beer.   🤷‍♂️

Those are excellent things to focus on. I would suggest also our fries, if you should ever come back. 

54 minutes ago, Wolfer said:

I think most guys here use planetromeo (now just called Romeo), well, the hunqz part of that site. It's better known here. I think they might get more clients through there. 

Those are excellent things to focus on. I would suggest also our fries, if you should ever come back. 

The fries were amazing. As were the various stews, like rabbit.  Yummmm.  I definitely want to return and see more of your beautiful country.  Bruges, Ghent... both on my bucket list.

4 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

I've been to Belgium once but only focused on the museums, chocolate and beer.   🤷‍♂️

Don't forget the waffles and mussels. Also, Brussels has more restaurant Michelin stars per capita than any other city...

On 3/18/2022 at 10:36 PM, CuriousByNature said:

The fries were amazing. As were the various stews, like rabbit.  Yummmm.  I definitely want to return and see more of your beautiful country.  Bruges, Ghent... both on my bucket list.

You visited Belgium without seeing Bruges or Ghent?? Those are the 2 cities I always put on the must-see list. Well actually, Ghent and Antwerp. Brussels feels too much like a generic big European city, depending which part of it you visit. But Antwerp and Ghent really have that Flemish vibe. Bruges is beautiful historical city but I've only been a handful of times. 

42 minutes ago, Wolfer said:

You visited Belgium without seeing Bruges or Ghent?? Those are the 2 cities I always put on the must-see list. Well actually, Ghent and Antwerp. Brussels feels too much like a generic big European city, depending which part of it you visit. But Antwerp and Ghent really have that Flemish vibe. Bruges is beautiful historical city but I've only been a handful of times. 

Unfortunately it was just an overnight stay in Brussels....