Condoms for Anal Intercourse

Luv2play
This topic is 788 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The FDA has approved the first condom specifically for anal sex. The male condom called One is produced by Global Protection Corp. and it's president said that most people would be surprised that up to now condoms are not approved for anal sex.

Apparently the FDA had said that condoms had to have a failure rate of less than 5 percent and earlier studies had shown condoms had shown failure rates higher than that. The new One has a failure rate, defined as slippage or breakage, of less than one percent.

The companies making condoms that meet the requirements will now be able to market them for use in anal sex, something they couldn't do previously. 

This was reported in the NYT today and I thought it newsworthy enough to raise here.

Edited by Luv2play

16 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

I'm surprised - in the absence of me having any experience in these things I would not have expected any difference in failure rates.  Is the activity that much different?

Apparently the use of lubricants is significantly different between vaginal and anal sex. Anal has higher percentages not surprisingly. But then anuses tend to be tighter, except for those into being fisted. So I'm not certain how those trade-offs work but I know I insist on lubricants, being a bottom.

I think ultimately it depends on individual factors such as how vigorous the fucking is and how prolonged. Anything overused or subject to extreme conditions will fail in the end.

9 hours ago, Luv2play said:

Apparently the use of lubricants is significantly different between vaginal and anal sex. Anal has higher percentages not surprisingly. But then anuses tend to be tighter, except for those into being fisted. So I'm not certain how those trade-offs work but I know I insist on lubricants, being a bottom.

I think ultimately it depends on individual factors such as how vigorous the fucking is and how prolonged. Anything overused or subject to extreme conditions will fail in the end.

So that brings to question, has the FDA approved the use of any lubricants for anal activity?