Underreporting endowment

chevrox
This topic is 815 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've worked with providers who inflate their endowment on their profile, which is understandable and I always take what I read and see online with a grain of salt. But I've also worked with providers who clearly and quite significantly understate their monstrous endowment in advertising, even going lower over time. Is there a reason for doing that? I'm guessing some prospective clients could feel intimidated, but being such a size queen myself I can't imagine that outweighing the interest that could be generated by accurately reporting.

46 minutes ago, Kevin Slater said:

Under promise and over deliver. 

This makes sense to get repeats, perhaps also good word of mouth, though how much is it offset by those would only have booked the first time if it were accurately or embellishingly described? Since it's done with intention, this must have been a factor in the consideration.