Signature Will Be Reviewed/Approved Before Showing

RadioRob
This topic is 792 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We have seen an increase in the number of signatures that have been used in a way that violate the Community Guidelines.  There are others that are basically a novel that are dozens of lines long and add a significant amount of effort to view (especially on mobile)!

As a result, I have made a few changes to the way the system handles signature creation.  

• If someone chooses to create (or edit) a signature, they may do so within the Account Settings area.
  • Upon submitting that change, it will not immediately show.  Instead it will remain in a "Pending" state until approved by a moderator.  
  • Moderators will review the signature to ensure it complies with section 16 of the Guidelines.  
    • 16.  The rules of M4M Message Forums apply to signature lines.  This site includes a feature for members to create a custom signature that displays as part of all content created within all forums. Because political content is not permitted outside of the “Political Issues” forum, political content, such as political affiliation, is prohibited in signature lines. Listing the names of members who are being ignored is also prohibited in signature lines. Lastly, signatures should be kept short (no more than seven lines of text).
  • While a signature is pending, you will see a system message indicating the pending status.  Upon approval, that message will disappear and you will receive a notification that the change has either been approved or rejected.  
  • If you have questions about why a signature might have been rejected, please feel free to use the "Ask a Moderator" forum to submit a question.  (You might want to include the text you want to use as well so it can be discussed more easily.)  As a reminder, only you will only see the posts you submit in that forum.  It is visible only to the poster and the moderators for private discussion.  

Hint: The most common reason I'm seeing signatures fail approval is length!  :)  If you want to reduce the space between paragraphs, you can use "Shift Enter" to not have a full line break between lines.  

Line 1
Line 2
Line 3

You can also combine some lines by using dividers...  something like:

Rob | Phone: 202-555-1212 | Email: none@none.com
"My favorite quote can be put into this space without taking up too much space!"

20 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

I love anyone that used the signature to tell everyone who they blocked. That is the right level of catty for gay men. Hahahaha

but now the trolls keep sniping at every comment one makes not knowing you don't see their posts. they're like snappy little chihuahuas.

51 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

but now the trolls keep sniping at every comment one makes not knowing you don't see their posts. they're like snappy little chihuahuas.

I was ignoring 2 posters and I am still ignoring them. 

Nothing has changed... I only see their mean or totally out of place comments they post whenever someone quotes them. 

Is not the end of the world... Unless your opinions in this forum take too much of your personal life. 

21 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

I love anyone that used the signature to tell everyone who they blocked. That is the right level of catty for gay men. Hahahaha

@tassojunior started that trend later on I followed and a guy I ignore too. 

I am ignored by 3 posters and it doesn't bother me at all. 

2 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

I was ignoring 2 posters and I am still ignoring them. 

Nothing has changed... I only see their mean or totally out of place comments they post whenever someone quotes them. 

Is not the end of the world... Unless your opinions in this forum take too much of your personal life. 

@tassojunior started that trend later on I followed and a guy I ignore too. 

I am ignored by 3 posters and it doesn't bother me at all. 

Brilliant!  Can you see who ignores you? Kudos to you men for inspiring a policy change! 

42 minutes ago, Coolwave35 said:

Brilliant!  Can you see who ignores you? Kudos to you men for inspiring a policy change! 

no, but 2 posters used to have my name in their ignore list in their signature just like I did before it was removed. 

I thought about ignoring a 3rd poster but his conspiracy theories are a guilty pleasure and when I read him I never know if he woke up as Bernie or Tucker. Intriguing! 

some folks even suggested the posters in their ignore list SHOULDN'T be able to see their posts. The mgt. replied it wasn't feasible.  

I don't have anyone on my ignore either because if they would be involved in a thread I am reading it might suddenly get confusing if someone is responding to them and I can't see what they are responding to. Or if I post a point in a thread and they have posted the same exact thing earlier in the thread it makes me look like I can't read. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloKyle said:

I don't have anyone on my ignore either because if they would be involved in a thread I am reading it might suddenly get confusing if someone is responding to them and I can't see what they are responding to. Or if I post a point in a thread and they have posted the same exact thing earlier in the thread it makes me look like I can't read. 

I had to ignore one person because he constantly quoted me dragging things completely out of subject asking for attention while doing the homework for others who kept praising his temper tantrums.  

The experience in this forum got SO MUCH better after I started ignoring him.

The 2nd person I am ignoring kept repeating phrases like "cult of victimhood" and even while attacking Matthew Shepard he used the same exact phrases and arguments over and over again like a broken record.  I simply didn't want his meanness in my life and decided to put him on ignore. Great choice!

If they're quoted by others, I still get to see a few of their posts and I know their behavior hasn't changed. 

7 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

I had to ignore one person because he constantly quoted me dragging things completely out of subject asking for attention while doing the homework for others who kept praising his temper tantrums.  

The 2nd person I am ignoring kept repeating phrases like "cult of victimhood" and even while attacking Matthew Shepard he used the same exact phrases and arguments over and over again like a broken record.  I simply didn't want his meanness in my life and decided to put him on ignore. Great choice!

If they're quoted by others, I still get to see a few of their posts and I know their behavior hasn't changed. 

I can't speak for my good friend @marylander1940,      but I learn something from critical advice all the way back to elementary school, and now here

In person, it is important to criticize and temper that criticism with a bit of praise.

Thanks, @marylander1940

I’m not sure why anyone cares if someone posts their ignore list in their signature line.
Personally I would find it helpful to know someone is ignoring me, so I can keep from 
wasting my time. 

I’d set the line limit lower at at 2-3 lines.
It’s only the longer ones that I find annoying. 
You really can’t sum up your "signature" in 2-3 lines?

"Brevity is the soul of wit" - Polonius in Hamlet, Act 2, Scene 2

On 2/17/2022 at 11:09 AM, marylander1940 said:

Sad. poor @marylander1940

This topic is 792 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.