Premium account reviews only?

Rick M
This topic is 760 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloKyle said:

I messaged the webmaster yesterday and he said only premium users can submit reviews now. But a brand new basic user just left a review so definitely not true. 

The webmaster there isn’t terribly on top of things in my opinion. I had an issue some months back about a guy who scammed me and reported it to the webmaster. He didn’t much care. That guy now is running multiple accounts. 

I was trying to review a provider on Rentmen, but I got this message:

"Only Premium members can submit reviews."

This is news to me. I've submitted reviews before.

This seems to be a money grab by Rentmen. But I know one particular provider made fake accounts to write his own reviews. And then I've seen bad reviews just disappear. So, maybe it will make reviews better.

Discuss away!

On 2/11/2022 at 2:27 AM, Unicorn said:

I gotta ask--why respond in that case?

bragging? 

On 3/6/2022 at 2:13 PM, xyz48B said:

The site isn’t known for efficiency. I’m not surprised an announced plan hasn’t yet happened. 

On 3/5/2022 at 7:48 PM, BuffaloKyle said:

Still allowing basic users to post reviews! 🤣

Maybe if someone was ever a premium user then they can still post reviews. 

Actually from now on only premium members are allowed to submit reviews! 

Only Premium members can submit reviews.

20 hours ago, jrbjcr said:

I was trying to review a provider on Rentmen, but I got this message:

"Only Premium members can submit reviews."

This is news to me. I've submitted reviews before.

This seems to be a money grab by Rentmen. But I know one particular provider made fake accounts to write his own reviews. And then I've seen bad reviews just disappear. So, maybe it will make reviews better.

Discuss away!

you-think-think.gif

2 hours ago, DrownedBoy said:

This is a shame. I have relatively new regulars who are hungry for reviews, but $10/month just for that is too much. That's double what Amazon Music costs.

That's why as I posted on another thread I only tend to subscribe when I am actively hiring. As soon as I subscribe I hit cancel auto renewal. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think it can be worrisome because some guys will just check if you are premium or not and they might act accordingly. The guy I wanted to leave a review for told me that it’s been a month he hasn’t gotten any reviews despite having very satisfied clients. When I told him about it he had no clue It was happening. He asked me if he could gift me a membership so I can leave the review. Maybe I’ll say yes. Don’t get me wrong but some guys take their work seriously and not being able to get feedbacks might be a big deal for some of them.

Just now, ChasingGirth said:

I think it can be worrisome because some guys will just check if you are premium or not and they might act accordingly. The guy I wanted to leave a review for told me that it’s been a month he hasn’t gotten any reviews despite having very satisfied clients. When I told him about it he had no clue It was happening. He asked me if he could gift me a membership so I can leave the review. Maybe I’ll say yes. Don’t get me wrong but some guys take their work seriously and not being able to get feedbacks might be a big deal for some of them.

I really don’t like paying for websites like RM. But, I do subscribe to it for a couple reasons. It’s worth the nominal monthly fee.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 8:53 PM, Luv2play said:

Won't affect me.

We know! I just found you! 😏🥰

On 2/12/2022 at 12:01 AM, tassojunior said:

I would never assume any RM change is to tighten controls on providers. Maybe there's a problem with nuisance bad reviews. 

Is nothing but a cash grab! 

Is anybody on here upgrading his membership to post reviews? 

I used to just sponsor a provider I liked and that typically also gets me premium membership, but since I have slowed way down and I have tended to stick with trusted providers, I wasn't itching too much to get premium anymore. But hopefully, this site's review database launches soon - unless it already did and I completely missed it - so folks can just leave and browse reviews here instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I was unaware about needing to be a premium member, too... I agree it is a cash grab and will hurt the good providers from getting good review and will protect the scammer who will not receive unfavorable reviews.

Is the review website up on here?