Celebrity Apprentice, new season...

Cooper
This topic is 5457 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last night began the new season of Celebrity Apprentice. It's quite a diverse group made up of many sports players, a Playboy model, a couple of comedians, a poker player, 2 singers, and, attached at the hip, Joan and Melissa Rivers.

Picture of "The Cast":

http://froggypic.com/image/01/0df679b5bdda82a630e7686e10afc213.jpg

What the tabloids have to say:

"NBC has announced the cast for the second "sensational" (no, really) season of Celebrity Apprentice, which premieres Sunday, March 1 at 9 p.m., if you want to get the wife and kids out of the country ahead of time. Take a deep breath and get ready to lose your remaining respect for: Clint Black, Andrew Dice Clay, professional poker player Annie Duke, Tom Green, boobalicious LPGA golfer Natalie Gulbis, figure skater Scott Hamilton, noted motorcycle enthusiast Jesse James, professional suitcase holder Claudia Jordan, Khloe Kardashian, Brian McKnight, Joan Rivers and Melissa Rivers, Playboy bunny Brande Roderick, Dennis Rodman, Heisman Trophy winner and former Dallas Cowboys running back Herschel Walker, and Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins."

"But look -- no one (with the possible exception of Dalton Ross) watches this show to see what enchanting business ideas this cast of overachievers will come up with as they battle it out for charity. The only reason to tune in each week is to see who gets fired, and why. To that end, and in the interest of public service, I've decided to cut out the middleman and look into my oft-hazy crystal ball to predict their departures from the 15-more-minutes-of-fame game. Some inevitable eliminations:"

*T-Boz: Wants to have it her way or nothing at all. Additionally, moves too fast

*Tom Green: Poops on boardroom table

*Scott Hamilton: Slashes Andrew Dice Clay with a skate after enduring one too many fairy jokes

*Andrew Dice Clay: Severed artery

*Brian McKnight: Inability to count higher than five deemed impractical in a business setting

*Khloe Kardashian: Asked to leave once Trump realizes she's not Kim

Last night Andrew Dice Clay heard those painful words, "You're fired"... Perhaps not a good decision since Clay tells us several times how important he is and that he's sold out Madison Square on numerous occasions... However, Clay can't work with people. It's either all about me or I'm not playing, ex. "I don't bake cupcakes"...

Not sure if this is a season I can watch through the end but it does show how cold and shallow some of these "celebrities" really are...

Coop

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EuropTravl

I watched last night and thought it was entertaining. Problem is, the Donald is too much of an ass-kisser to his celebrities and much nastier to the "regular folk" on prior seasons. The only draw for me was Joan Rivers - yes, I'm a fan of her obnoxiousness but my God does she look like "Madame" of the old "Waylon and Madame" team:

http://www.madameandme.com/wayland/wayland.jpg

I'll continue to watch until she's booted.

Joan Rivers, now 75, revealed on the Apprentice that she paid $150,000 to look like this. Was it worth it? ... Yes, I do see the resemblance.

http://froggypic.com/image/01/746547fc8b867ae9425f1496448d193e.jpg http://froggypic.com/image/01/bea0bb4cef9efed33a3efc1c218b7b13.jpg

Last night's 2 hour (seemed like 5) episode of Celebrity Apprentice was an exercise in futility. The focus this year is on how not to get a task done. The players are all "chiefs" and no one wants to work as a team. Even the likeable Scott Hamiliton doesn't come across well. Add him to the list of back stabbers.

Scott appointed himself as the project manager, I bet he's regretting that decision. The task was to create a cartoon character for an on-line company called: Zappos'. Scott comes up the the brainy idea of calling the character "EEE", not "ZZZ". Well, that decision, plus his lack of leadership caused the team to lose to the ladies and for Scott to hear the words, "YOU'RE FIRED". Scott came close to crying. He tried very hard to convince "Mr. Trump" that Tom Green was the cause for all the problems, he in return blamed Clint Black, and so on... Those Board room meetings get very ugly.

Joan Rivers had another one of her "I'm the greatest" moments. She was hurt that she wasn't asked to write the script for the cartoon. Afterall, as she tells us, she's an award winning play write and has writting many scripts. Yes, her great ideas was to have a midget be the character... Daughter Melissa, is also one on an ego trip. She takes credit for the whole winning idea. Not exactly so and a Board room show down takes place...

If interested in reading all the gossip, here's a link:

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/TV-Recap-Celebrity-Apprentice-Zappos-com-15960.html

Guest EuropTravl

I've seen the first two shows, is this thing going to run until they are all knocked off one by one? It's going to be running forever!

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Perhaps this season's Celebrity Apprentice should be called either the Dennis Rodman story or Melissa Rivers and her 15 years of producing, well, that's what she keeps saying.

The promos of the "melt down" of Dennis as he confronts Clint Black dominated this week's episode. Next week we'll hear about Dennis' drinking problem... As for the annoying and obnoxious Melissa Rivers, like mother like daughter, Claudia Jordan gives her impressions of how Melissa looks and talks, leading to a cat-fight in the Board room. Melissa wins out and Claudia hears Mr. Trump say, "you're fired".

http://froggypic.com/image/04/7e893def271a75bfc5011caf1c4ccc86.jpg

Claudia Jordan on Celebrity Apprentice

Guest EuropTravl

I think if the men are up and Rodman isn't fired next week, I'm done. He wouldn't make it into Trump's lobby let alone the boardroom if Donald wasn't coddling him.

Guest EuropTravl

Well, last nights show was nice for two reasons: Dennis Rodman got the well deserved boot, and a group of gays staying in one hotel room who tried to make concierge Joan Rivers' life miserable got put in their place at the end of the show by Joan. "I love the gays, but these guys...." Ha Ha, don't mess with Joan. She was so right about these queens acting like they were Queens or something.

Well, last nights show was nice for two reasons: Dennis Rodman got the well deserved boot....

ET, I completely agree, Dennis Rodman was not a team player and made tasks very difficult for the men's team. Good decision to make him "project manager", those are the ones most vulnerable of getting fired. His "drinking problem" received more attention on last night's episode than did the men's project of running the hotel. Not sure if you caught it but at the end of the show there was a link to the website for alcoholics anonymous.

The project was probably the best so far this season. Good idea of having both teams running 5 rooms at a fashionable hotel. At times I felt it was too staged, especially with the group of gay men and the celebrity guests, but there were some very funny moments, example, when the single man asked for tickets to see "Billy Elliot" and the celeb guys thought Billy was a singer and were trying to find out where he was playing.

I couldn't figure out the relationship between the older and younger man rooming together. They certainly did a lot of complaining, but did have a most memorable dinner when Rodman joined them. Can't imagine what they talked about. :)

I'm not sure which guest Joan Rivers was speaking to on the phone, but I did hear her suggesting either Splash Bar and G Lounge. Two popular gay bars in NYC.

No surprise at the end, Dennis had to go, however, the teams are now unequal in numbers, men 4, women 7. I think that might change in next Sunday's episode as I see a change in sides taking place.

http://froggypic.com/image/04/d1fabfd7331e4528107a3cc10fe800a9.jpg

DENNIS RODMAN on CELEBRITY APPRENTICE

• 4 weeks later...

Cry me a Rivers

Last night on Celebrity Apprentice, Melissa Rivers heard "The Donald" say, "Melissa, you're fired".... Well, instead of just walking to the elevator and getting into the awaiting car for her farewell interview, Melissa has an emotional and childish outburst never before seen on any reality show. Her demeaning attitude towards the Apprentice staff and fellow celebrities is well documented in this Youtube video... Well, to show support for her "sick" child, Joan lashes out at two celebrities and walks off the show. Will she return for next week's episode? Looks like "the Donald's" ratings will be going up. Such DRAMA! :confused:

Guest EuropTravl

I didn't see the show, thanks for showing the clip. I was waiting all season for this part. Have to admit, Trump is wearing thin with me, his constant boob-fawning over that blond, and his "you're married to Sandra Bullock, you have to be so good in bed" comment to Jesse - this is a guy with mental/sexual issues.

Who will win Celebrity Apprentice

The show has definitely shown the darker side of these celebrities. In the early episodes Jesse James came across as a solid guy but now he's becoming a "big baby" when he didn't get his way on the deodorant magazine ad.

At this point I think Annie Duke, poker player, is going to win.

http://www.annieduke.com/wp-content/themes/anniedukev2/images/annie_duke_internal6.jpg

Annie Duke on Celebrity Apprentice

I think Joan Rivers coming back making it to the finals between herself and Annie would make for great ratings....

Joseph, I agree, that would definitely make for an excellent show down. Joan can't stand Annie calling her a "Nazi" and "you're a poker player", while Annie has been trying to maintaining her cool, yet, manipulating those Board rooms.... Coop

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/A_F/Ai_Ap/Apprentice/season8_celebrity/celeb-apprentice19.jpg

The women on Celebrity Apprentice...

Guest EuropTravl

Damn, now I have to continue watching to see if Joan comes back. If she does, I see her winning because the drama of Annie being fired would be too good. I like old Joan and hate those "Nazi" twins too. I don't get it, seems you stay if for your task it boils down to calling rich people and saying "I need ten thousand dollars from you."

Guest EuropTravl
Joan is funny. Joan to Annie Your a poker player , A poker player your beyond white trash. lol

I want to see the next season of "Celebrity Apprentice" where the Donald is talking to a mystery guest to "get out there and do your stuff" and the camera pulls back to reveal that botoxed face. You go, Joan. Anybody who goes on QVC and states their jewelry line will soon include rhinestone studded adult diaper pins ("I always wear what I design") is OK by me.

DRAMA: Will Joan Return?

The promos for tonight's episode of Celebrity Apprentice are showing Joan Rivers missing from the orientation meeting. Joan stormed off last week's episode when daughter Melissa got "fired".

I'm betting that Joan will be returning but she sure won't be returning quietly. The insults directed towards Annie and Brandy will continue.

http://froggypic.com/image/04/230cab9fb29e5aac76da99f59fad5730.jpg http://froggypic.com/image/04/97e78e630a900acbf2908faa07a60876.jpg

JOAN RIVERS on CELEBRITY APPRENTICE

Guest EuropTravl

What a disappointing final half-hour. If I was a celeb who stuck around for an entire season and got dumped at the end as a result of some whimp interview session......

Kudos to Trump though for knowing who brings in the ratings.

It was always going to be Annie Duke and Joan Rivers. All the venom and ill will was built up for some reason and here it is. Saint Joan of Burlesque vs Annie "poker players are lower than white trash" Duke. Wouldn't be surprised if Joan was guaranteed a place in the finals as compensation for her returning. Donald clearly picked the match up that would bring the most fire.

It was always going to be Annie Duke and Joan Rivers. All the venom and ill will was built up for some reason and here it is. Saint Joan of Burlesque vs Annie "poker players are lower than white trash" Duke. Wouldn't be surprised if Joan was guaranteed a place in the finals as compensation for her returning. Donald clearly picked the match up that would bring the most fire.

I agree 100% wasn't surprised at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he picks Annie as the winner. Annie is just a female version of pierce morgan and I think Donald loves it.

Archived