Swingin Richards Atlanta all-male, all-nude club to close Jan. 15

DerrickRigg

• 2 weeks later...

So I was at swinging richards Saturday night.  The club doesn’t open until 9pm and when they opened the doors a little bit after 9pm they had 60 people in line.  By 10 pm when I was able to get in there were probably 100 plus people in line and the parking lot was at capacity.  In the old days they would see 300-500 people come through the door on Saturday night  I’m guessing it was close to 700 last night.  It was crowded and a blast.  For the first time In at least a couple of years they started running stage sets with 5 dancers….. and while many of the dancers are past their heyday there are 4 or 5 guys that I would describe as five stars and probably a dozen 3-4 star guys depending on your type.

for the most part this weekened. ‘the customers have been friendly, and tip generously during the stage sets.  The music has even been pretty good.  clearly it was the best weekend, we’ve seen since the pandemic and frakly, lomger than that.   Saturday night reminded me of what weekends used to be like 10 years ago.  

there were lot of smiles, love and laughter among friends  and customers and entertainers.  Unfortunately the club has been,managed poorly.  And is far from what it should be for the last 4 or 5 years /but if you wsnt  to get a glimpse before it closes.   Next weekend’s yours last chance  

End of an era…..we will never have anything like it   Definitely sad to see it go

Edited by Atlanta_Guy

I just don’t have the energy nor the state of mind  to put the weekend at swinging Richards into words.  I’m still processing the fact that I will never be able to go back to the club again.  Maybe in a few days I can do a proper write up of the final weekend. 

there are some instagram stories that will give you some insight but as you know instagram stories are only for 24 hours so better look fast.  https://instagram.com/swingingrichardsatl?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by Atlanta_Guy

I agree with everyone else here. I was there. It was packed, I got vip for me and my friends. 

my car window got busted and car got broken into (they stole nothing). But had a great time and no regrets. 

it feels weird that it’s not there anymore. And it still doesn’t feel real, like they’ll post on instagram like “just kidding! We found a new spot with financial backing!”

9 hours ago, Shawn Monroe said:

I agree with everyone else here. I was there. It was packed, I got vip for me and my friends. 

my car window got busted and car got broken into (they stole nothing). But had a great time and no regrets. 

it feels weird that it’s not there anymore. And it still doesn’t feel real, like they’ll post on instagram like “just kidding! We found a new spot with financial backing!”

Was your car in that SR pay lot across the street from the door??

15 minutes ago, Atlanta_Guy said:

No it won’t….. it will be a titty club.  And no I’m not speculating or joking 

Can you confirm your sources? I know they’ve had that “southern belles” sign out for about a year now. But at this point the land around it in west midtown is becoming too expensive / valuable and a strip club of any kind there now seems implausible. 

11 hours ago, Shawn Monroe said:

Can you confirm your sources? I know they’ve had that “southern belles” sign out for about a year now. But at this point the land around it in west midtown is becoming too expensive / valuable and a strip club of any kind there now seems implausible. 

Um….name a source in this forum?  I don’t think so.  I’m not offended by your skepticism or rationale.  I also thought ithey would demolish the building and it would become apartments/condos or commercial office space.   They are not tearing down the building but have significant repairs/upgrades to make.   The property was purchased by the same people that own Onyx on Cheshire bridge    

10 hours ago, Atlanta_Guy said:

Um….name a source in this forum?  I don’t think so.  I’m not offended by your skepticism or rationale.  I also thought ithey would demolish the building and it would become apartments/condos or commercial office space.   They are not tearing down the building but have significant repairs/upgrades to make.   The property was purchased by the same people that own Onyx on Cheshire bridge    

I heard last night from a previous SW dancer that now dances at BJ's that the property and liquor license were sold and plans are from SW to reopen in the summer under new ownership.

7 hours ago, msclwrsper said:

AndyMN...I think n2guysnatl just got finger happy and typed SW instead of SR. From context, he's talking about a dancer who is now dancing at the other place that has dancers in ATL so I'm guessing he meant Swing Richards (SR).

Got it — thanks.

So Swinging Richards is opening somewhere else this summer? Any idea where?