Swingin Richards Atlanta all-male, all-nude club to close Jan. 15

DerrickRigg

On 6/16/2022 at 9:25 AM, Chidude said:

With Richards gone and rumors of a rebirth elsewhere in town seeming less and less likely, what has happened to all the hot male dancer talent in Atlanta?  Has BJ Roosters absorbed much of the roster list and clientele?  

Doesn’t sound like Matt from Johnson’s is going to come to Atl anytime soon since he has his hands full with the Dallas and Tampa Johnsons expansions.  

Seems like such a great time to capitalize after the void Richards left.  

To be honest I don’t think SR had much talent towards the end.   The only ones I found particularly attractive were Ken, Axel, Scotty, Juan, Cali.  I know I’m probably forgetting a few but those are the only guys I took dances from in the last 2 years the club was open except for  Brent and Denver (who were rarely there) 

Juan has been dancing at BJs some.  The club located in the Atlanta underground complex has been advertising the “Boys of Future Wed-Sun 10pm-?”  But although the add says 20 boys I’m told they do not have 20 boys.   It is also not nude but does supposedly have VIP rooms.  

on a recent Friday night they had no customers so they sent two of the dancers to Blakes to promote the club and the dancers.   These two particular dancers I won’t name but had a notorious reputation at SR for bad attitudes.  Were disliked by regulars and basically anyone who interacted with them that didn’t want to spend major bucks in the VIP rooms.  BJs won’t hire them.  So basically future gets BJs rejects… which is a pretty low bar

‘’Future is primarily known as a dance bar and for drag shows.  But it is a very nice looking club.  The area it is located in is  high crime area though.  For now, I’m waiting to hear more.  So far, I don’t think it is worth the visit 

B7F5D04D-29B1-4935-9E2A-BDC483B88F9C.jpeg

Edited by Atlanta_Guy

1 hour ago, Atlanta_Guy said:

To be honest I don’t think SR had much talent towards the end.  

I agree with this.  My last two visits to SR's (2018 and 2019) were a waste of time.  Plenty of dancers...but very low quality.  There were one or two decent looking guys but the rest were not attractive to me at all.  I took a pocketful of cash with me on both visits and never spent any of it other than on drinks.  During it's last 3-4 years of operation, SR's was living off it's prior reputation rather than based on the talent currently on offer.  You can only do that for so long before people figure out it's not worth going any more.  

6 hours ago, Atlanta_Guy said:

on a recent Friday night they had no customers so they sent two of the dancers to Blakes to promote the club and the dancers.

I feel like that’s their own problem. If they want to cater to the midtown gays (of which I am one) then they either need to be in midtown or provide a shuttle. I’ll go to ansley or Cheshire bridge before I go to future. 

and BJs is what it is but I’d even prefer to go there and see their dancers over what future had