Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Checked out East Men for the first time last week, and it was probably the most disappointing massage experience I’ve had in the past few months.

The setup is very much not ideal if you get whoever the front desk guy is, since you can hear all conversations clearly from whoever is waiting & it’s just a sliding door that barely closes. It was awkward having to listen to multiple conversations during a mediocre massage with not much sensuality until the end. Also, asked for a younger guy but got who I assume is the owner who kept leaving during the massage to answer calls / take payments / do whatever other random tasks. 

I know some guys have had good experiences there, but I wouldn’t repeat unless someone strongly recommends a specific masseur.

13 minutes ago, Eustis said:

Checked out East Men for the first time last week, and it was probably the most disappointing massage experience I’ve had in the past few months.

The setup is very much not ideal if you get whoever the front desk guy is, since you can hear all conversations clearly from whoever is waiting & it’s just a sliding door that barely closes. It was awkward having to listen to multiple conversations during a mediocre massage with not much sensuality until the end. Also, asked for a younger guy but got who I assume is the owner who kept leaving during the massage to answer calls / take payments / do whatever other random tasks. 

I know some guys have had good experiences there, but I wouldn’t repeat unless someone strongly recommends a specific masseur.

So sorry that’s the worst leaving during your massage to do other things. You should have received a comp !!!😡

3 hours ago, Eustis said:

Plus, you would have to look back and see if someone actually had a good experience, or if it just was someone selling the place.

43 minutes ago, JayinHKNYC said:

Plus, you would have to look back and see if someone actually had a good experience, or if it just was someone selling the place.

Ugh, true. To be fair, some of the positive comments I saw were from regular posters, not the spammy Google translate ones from the owners.

2 hours ago, MichaelM said:

Has anyone been to W Mans Spa lately.  Looking for an update

Last time I went was in May and had a massage from Alex. He is in his 20s Asian guy, pretty decent looking. However, when I gave him a 50% tip, he was visibly not happy but did not stop me from leaving. Have not been there since.

On 10/30/2023 at 2:32 PM, Shin Chow said:

Last time I went was in May and had a massage from Alex. He is in his 20s Asian guy, pretty decent looking. However, when I gave him a 50% tip, he was visibly not happy but did not stop me from leaving. Have not been there since.

If you got anything more than therapeutic, 50% on their prices is not an adequate tip, dude. 

2 hours ago, sniper said:

If you got anything more than therapeutic, 50% on their prices is not an adequate tip, dude. 

It was sensual, not more. I recall giving a $100 - so I guess a bit more than 50% of their prices. If it was more than sensual, whats the appropriate tip - 100%?

6 hours ago, Intosmoothmuscles said:

I had a Colombian guy there last year . Cute but the massage was just ok . Didn’t repeat .

At G-Man (their newer sister spa) I saw a mid-40s white muscle-ish guy with tattoos giving a scrub and a maybe 30s latino guy waiting for a customer. I had a twunk asian guy. Was a good experience, I wrote about it elsewhere on the forum.

On 10/28/2023 at 8:32 PM, Eustis said:

Ugh, true. To be fair, some of the positive comments I saw were from regular posters, not the spammy Google translate ones from the owners.

I know I have had several good experiences at East Man and so have a few others, but it is far from perfect and not the pinnacle of class... lol. Just depends what you're into.

23 hours ago, Shin Chow said:

It was sensual, not more. I recall giving a $100 - so I guess a bit more than 50% of their prices. If it was more than sensual, whats the appropriate tip - 100%?

Did you give a $100 tip or was the total you gave $100 ($65 for the massage and $35 for the tip)? A $100 tip is great, but $35 on a $65 massage (or $30 on a $70 massage, however the math works out to be $100 total) is not good unless it's a strictly therapeutic massage at a "regular" spa.

Yes, a 100% tip is normal for anything more than therapeutic. That would be my starting point, depending on the experience.

59 minutes ago, urbanfetish said:

Did you give a $100 tip or was the total you gave $100 ($65 for the massage and $35 for the tip)? A $100 tip is great, but $35 on a $65 massage (or $30 on a $70 massage, however the math works out to be $100 total) is not good unless it's a strictly therapeutic massage at a "regular" spa.

Yes, a 100% tip is normal for anything more than therapeutic. That would be my starting point, depending on the experience.

Thanks good to know! It was $40 tip, $60 massage - sorry for not clarifying. I'll keep the 100% standard in mind if its more than therapeutic, I don't go often as my salary isn't very high, but I like to enjoy massages every now and then.