Holiday Help

jeezifonly
This topic is 852 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

During high school I took a city bus to my afterschool job at the downtown public library.  Downtown streets at Christmas were adorned with all sorts of lights and decorations  So beautiful.  As a kid, I loved it. 

The main library was quite a place, built in the early 1900s.  The building had a two story atrium that was decked out with wonderful decorations during the holidays.  The children's section had extra copies of holiday themed books for the kids.  They always loaned out fast.

Walking between the bus stop and the library was sometimes a bit scary.  I still remember how I would encounter a few odd men along the way, mostly around some old brick transient residences, places where men ended up when "down on their luck".   I was pretty nieve, but still had sense not to make eye contact, and to maintain a brisk pace onward to the library.  A few times I was beckoned to stop but never did. 

'Got a cigarette?' 

'Nope, late for work!'       

Was so long ago.  I've been on the West Coast for 25 years now, and rarely visit the old stomping grounds.     

It's nice to remember old times though, isn't it?